Merchandise Shop!

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: Merchandise Shop!

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Evnissyen wrote:Well, I just got my mug, and it's cool and all but... there seems to be this big "Made In China" sticker on the bottom... .

You care to explain yourself, BW? Eh?

And don't try to blame it on Cafe Press, either, I know there's something sinister going on, here.

(But it's actually really cool looking. The mug, not the sticker... although the sticker has its charms.)
...wondering what Evnissyen put in his new mug before coming to post...
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

It's legal! I swear it!
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
dare49devil
Senior Council Member

Post by dare49devil »

-Cough..Cough. COUGH.

-Enough said? =P
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

Hmm... It looks like I killed the topic. Killed it with irony.

Question: How many people here thought I was serious and was actually trying to give BW the business, over a sticker?
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

I don't think it killed the topic. Sales of merchandise continue- very lightly, but they continue and we are very thankful to everyone who have bought something.

Yeah, we don't have any control over which country produces the shirts and mugs Cafepress uses. Sorry- I'd be more than happy to select the "sell only made in USA items" if Cafepress had such an options.

And personally, I don't care what you drink out of your mug Evnissyen- I'm just thankful that you bought one! :)
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

I put cold stuff in it. I have another mug that I use for hot stuff. This one's for cold stuff.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Got my cup and magnet today. Woot! Magnet goes on filing cabinet with the others I've gotten over the years and mug is currantly sitting on top of my scanner, which isn't working at the moment. When the cold days of late fall and winter come around I'll use it for hot choc. and tea.

Thanks BW for making these available.
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Saxon1974 »

I was looking at the shirts and I like the white shirt with the old tyme logo.

Question;

It says the old tyme logo is on the back? IS that accurate? The other shirts have the logo's on the front.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

That is correct, though we've had requests to bring it back to the front.

Also, due to the way Cafepress works, they only allow 1 type of image to be used with 1 article of clothing at-a-time. So for example, some people have asked for the Basilisk Games logo on the pure white T-shirt, which currently has the MXXRPG logo on it. Cafepress will not allow us to have another white shirt with a different logo on it at the same time, unless we pay for a "premium store". The problem is we are not a clothing company, and as such we don't make enough off of clothing sales to justify paying to have a premium store.

As it stands right now, we get more people saying "I would buy something but you don't offer it in my preferred color/style/size" than we do actual sales. So, what to do? Well, we just discovered a competitor to Cafepress called Zazzle.com and they happen to have a larger selection of clothing and they would give us much more flexibility in the way we sell products. They offer a service that is comparable to Cafepress's premium store, but for free. So, it looks like we will go that route- but being busy with Book 2 it is just another task on my ever growing to-do list.

Anyway, I plan on switching things over to the new service this weekend and probably having the new store up by next week sometime. Then we should be able to offer a larger array of colors, styles and sizes for everyone.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Oh Goodie! Thanks. But, keep working on Book 2, that's more important than different shirts. :wink:
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

Looks like they have better prices too... always a plus.
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Saxon1974 »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:That is correct, though we've had requests to bring it back to the front.

Also, due to the way Cafepress works, they only allow 1 type of image to be used with 1 article of clothing at-a-time. So for example, some people have asked for the Basilisk Games logo on the pure white T-shirt, which currently has the MXXRPG logo on it. Cafepress will not allow us to have another white shirt with a different logo on it at the same time, unless we pay for a "premium store". The problem is we are not a clothing company, and as such we don't make enough off of clothing sales to justify paying to have a premium store.

As it stands right now, we get more people saying "I would buy something but you don't offer it in my preferred color/style/size" than we do actual sales. So, what to do? Well, we just discovered a competitor to Cafepress called Zazzle.com and they happen to have a larger selection of clothing and they would give us much more flexibility in the way we sell products. They offer a service that is comparable to Cafepress's premium store, but for free. So, it looks like we will go that route- but being busy with Book 2 it is just another task on my ever growing to-do list.

Anyway, I plan on switching things over to the new service this weekend and probably having the new store up by next week sometime. Then we should be able to offer a larger array of colors, styles and sizes for everyone.
Great, thanks for the feedback!
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Saxon1974 »

Ok I ordered me a Mug. I think i'll take it to work with me to help feed my morning coffee addiction. I work with a couple guys who are gamers so maybe I can win a couple new Basilisk fans :)

I think Im going to wait for the new site to get a t shirt.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

I like your new profile pic, Saxon1974!

Okay, well it took much less effort than I thought. We've got the new shop pretty much ready to go. You'll notice when you click on a shirt (Men's Dark T, for example) it is preset for one of the more "premium" shirts, but on the right you can select a cheaper shirt or any combination of shirts and colors. The number of combinations of shirts you can make is really almost ridiculous.

Items are ready to order now, but we are still considering the site in "beta" until we get a few items in and see that the quality is up to par.

Notice the the home page is just the "featured items". On the left, you can click to see the design categories: Basilisk Games Logo, Olde Tyme logo, and Basilisk only designs.

http://www.zazzle.com/basiliskgames
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

I like the way the images on the zazzle site let you zoom in and move around the close-up of the items. Very nice. Hmmmm, what to get?
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.