Stronghold

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Stronghold

Post by Saxon1974 »

Anyone play any of the Strongold series games? They are strategy\simulation games so I didn't put this in the RPG section.

I played these games a bit a while back and went back to play Stronghold again and man this is a great game. Im not a big fan of strategy games but I am a big Medieval buff. The atmosphere in these games is really superb I think, it really feels like jolly old England.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/firefly-s ... stronghold

The Isometric graphics really make me wish they were still more common.

The games focus is on the normal strategy elements, you build a bakery, a mill, a barracks, build up your castle walls etc....but where I think this games really shines is the key element is focusing on the tactics of Castle Building and defense. You really need to learn to build your defenses in the right places to take advantage of Terrian...troops etc...

Great game, I just ordered the sequel Stronghold Crusader.
dare49devil
Senior Council Member

Re: Stronghold

Post by dare49devil »

-Reminds me of those games like: Caesar III and Pharaoh (building wise) and such combined with a taste of Age of Empires (unit control wise).
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Re: Stronghold

Post by Saxon1974 »

Yes it is a bit like those in some ways, but the Castle construction and siege planning is what I like more about this game. Most strategy games get boring for me fast because I get tired of micromanaging settlements, it gets repetitive after a while. This one has held my interest enough to finish it I think.