Computer Stupidities

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
King_ov_Death
Senior Council Member

Computer Stupidities

Post by King_ov_Death »

I've discovered this site a while back:

http://www.rinkworks.com/stupid/

It has lots (and I mean lots) of (apparently real) stories about very stupid computer users, including tech support and salesmen. It's really funny! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
You should check it out! :wink:

Some laughs while we wait for Book II... :lol:
geishaboy
Marshall

Re: Computer Stupidities

Post by geishaboy »

A guy called in and said, "My computer blew up!" But, really, he had only experienced the 'starfield' screen saver.
:lol:

I've gotten a few laughs out of this site already
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

Some of these are funny... others are not dumb at all, though. For example, if you look at the first few calls under "Free Disks", they're not unreasonable or foolish concerns at all. I mean: in a society that's all but conditioned us to believe that "free" is never actually free and always has strings attached, and that corporations are always out to get us (especially lately), I think it's normal and reasonable, if you're not familiar with something -- like computers, which can be scary and bewildering to people who did not grow up with them -- to wonder if a company intends to surreptitiously charge you for a service . . . and, yes, I can see how it can seem rude to some people that companies are mailing them disks.

Also, the following two excerpts...
* Customer: "You sent me this diskette. Are you gonna send me a computer so I can run this?"
* Tech Support: "Excuse me?"

* Customer: "I just got your software in the mail...when are you sending the computer?"
* Tech Support: "You don't have a computer?"
* Customer: "Nope. But I have the software -- just send me the computer, and you've got a new member."
...are probably sarcasm. Just a guess. And well-deserved sarcasm, in my opinion.

I ended up using those AOL discs as coasters. :roll:

...but, yeah, some of it's funny. I like the exploding computer ones.

I mean... seriously... you're computer's smoking? Unplug the thing.

But I can definitely understand the concern of the guy who's worried about backing his stuff up "fastest way possible" while his computer's "on fire".

...Don't mean to be a wet blanket. (No pun intended.)
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
Aldbeski
Marshall

Post by Aldbeski »

this one is really funny

◦My Friend: "I just installed Windows 98."
◦Me: "Cool. But...it's 2001. Why not Windows 2000 or wait for XP to come out?"
◦My Friend: "Oh, 98 is more easily hacked, so I want it."
◦Me: "You want to get hacked?"
◦My Friend: "Yes! Wouldn't you?"
◦Me: "No...."
◦My Friend: "When you get hacked you get a lot of money! That's a good thing!"
◦Me: "???"
P.s : excuse my bad English

Didn't reach my expectations (Eschalon Book 3)>> But Still, A Great Game nevertheless