name change?

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
dundonalddub
Senior Steward

name change?

Post by dundonalddub »

Is it possible to make a small change in one's name? :)
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Re: name change?

Post by Evnissyen »

Apparently not.

I've already tried it. :(
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

I think you have to ask BW and give him what you want it changed to. Not sure on this. Be patient, he's kinda busy. :D
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

With the current forum software it looks like it is possible. Anyone want to be a guinea pig? :twisted:
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

Okay, short answer, BW, I'll be your guinea pig: Change me from Evnissyen to Nissyen.

None of my posts will be lost, right? All posts will be retitled under "Nissyen"? I'll still be a Lieutenant? (Bites nails nervously. :? )

Otherwise, if you're not sure: nevermind. Best to just register a new fake user and see if it works okay, without any side effects.

For example: I, for one, don't want to wake up one day in a house near Eastwillow, having forgotten how to fish.

Or even better: pick a really old user who hasn't logged on in years, to make sure. And then, if all goes well: make me guinea pig #2.

But . . . there's a story here, so for those of you who like stories: bear with me a little bit.

When I went to see if I could change my name, it was to change it to Nissyen.

Here's the back story. Both are characters from the Welsh cycle of Brittanian mythology. (Specifically, this comes from The Mabinogion.)

There were two Welsh brothers: Nissyen and Evnissyen.

Evnissyen was the troublemaker. He did some horrible things in part in the interest of avenging his beloved sister over the cruelty she received at the hands of her new Irish husband, but he went further than that. I won't get into it. Suffice to say: having thus made a total mess of things, he killed himself out of guilt and the desire to atone.

Nissyen, on the other hand, was the good brother, and being the good guy there's not much to say about him, unfortunately . . . but I think, as the story goes, it was Evy, not Nissy, who loved his sister most.

I chose the handle Evnissyen, a long time ago, because, besides the fact that I like the name, it seemed to me I had a tendency, on forums, to come across as a troublemaker.

(Some people might've noticed I've been trying to change that. :| )

I've always said that once I finally became a good web-person, once I became a likable forum user (I'm speaking virtually, here, since I'm actually a very nice guy in real life, really I am. :roll: ) then I would change my name to Nissyen.

So eventually there came a day, a little while ago, when I decided it seemed to me I'd finally changed my misguided web-ways and thus finally deserved that name-change I'd always pledged.

(Don't ask me what it was about the web that changed my personality. I really wouldn't know how to answer it, though I have some ideas that would take some time to explain and nobody wants to read through all that. Really.)

However . . . I've decided I just don't like the name Nissyen as much, I prefer Evnissyen.

So, anyhow, story time is over. To finish up:

BW:
Make some initial tests (please?) if you're not sure about it, but then feel free to use me as the second guinea pig. I'll walk around a few days as Nissyen. Maybe a week, just for fun. A change, blah blah blah. But eventually I'll want to change it back.

So . . . sure, guinea pig me away, I guess. So long as everything's safe, right? Right? :?
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

poof!
You are now Nissyen.

Hopefully you'll know this before you try to log in under your old username and find out it no longer exists.
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

Whee! It's kind of cool to suddenly be somebody else.

And... yeah, logging in: after being denied access it took me just a moment to realize, "Oh. Wait. Right. Maybe it's not Evnissyen any longer."
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

Okay, BW, I've had enough. I'm ready to go back to being Evnissyen, again.

...Besides, I've been messing around in some other forums, lately, mainly HTMLGiant, and I think I've been a bad boy. I really don't deserve to be called Nissyen.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Jedi_Learner wrote:I know you've been busy and probably forgot but could you please change my name to "Prismatic Maelstrom" when you get a moment. Thanks. :)
Oops, sorry Jedi. Yes, it was on my ToDo list. Doing it now.
Necromis
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Necromis »

very colorful Jedi. :D
The Quickest way to a man's heart is thru his back.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Colorful is one word for it. I thought Jedi was joking, so when I looked up and saw Jedi's name had actually changed, I was kind of surprised. Interesting name though. I've never really been great at coming up with Usernames.

In case you were wondering BW, I don't want my name changed.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

It's a Jedi mind trick to cloud our minds so he can play tricks on unsuspecting posters who our used to disregarding his images of the games.
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

Should we still call him Jedi, or should we call him Prismatic or Maelstrom?