Average Age

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!

What is your stage of development?

[Egg] Teen or younger
9%
[Larvae] 20-something
30%
[Pupa] 30-something
35%
[Adult] 40-something
17%
[Undead] 50-something
7%
[Lich] 60 or older
3%

Total votes: 223

Fleisch
Marshall

Post by Fleisch »

Ask me again in two weeks and I'll have joined the undead. Brains ... must eat brains .... :twisted:
Gothmog
Marshall

Post by Gothmog »

omg....any Paladins here? :wink:
"FUL IR"
GSV3MiaC
Senior Council Member

Post by GSV3MiaC »

A Paladin? Often. Usually, in fact, given the choice. For some reason 'turn undead' has no effect on you if you cast it yourself. But I admit to not liking garlic.

I object to the poll's categories .. IMO (and I'm sure Dragonlady feels the same) Undeadness doesn't begin until at least 90. You know you're too old for an RPG when you can't work the mouse any more.

These days you practically have to be 60+ (or lucky) to be able to afford a) a house in the UK, b) a computer fast enough to run Oblivion and Gothic 3 on (actually I lie, there are no computers that can run G3 smoothly).
rotlex
Pledge

Post by rotlex »

Hehe, just added a small percent to the "Adult" category. Good heavens, how did THAT happen to me. :shock:
Steve
Iane
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Iane »

42 and still kicking - Damn there's some good oldish gamers here - unless I go Blind I'll still be playing games till I'm 90ish and my collection will be worth a fortune :lol:
Quaan
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Quaan »

I m 45 until Feb.18.
OK now that you know my birthday its not that I expect anything
from you that day,no way,not me,never!!

Feb. 18. (just a little reminder)
Prismatic Maelstrom

Post by Prismatic Maelstrom »

21 here.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

GSV3MiaC wrote:A Paladin? Often. Usually, in fact, given the choice. For some reason 'turn undead' has no effect on you if you cast it yourself. But I admit to not liking garlic.

I object to the poll's categories .. IMO (and I'm sure Dragonlady feels the same) Undeadness doesn't begin until at least 90. You know you're too old for an RPG when you can't work the mouse any more.

These days you practically have to be 60+ (or lucky) to be able to afford a) a house in the UK, b) a computer fast enough to run Oblivion and Gothic 3 on (actually I lie, there are no computers that can run G3 smoothly).
Me too, object to undead category. That should be 'the age of Wisdom' you young whippersnappers! :lol: I'm certainly wiser than I used to be. Just ask my son who just turned 37. :) I taught him role-playing and he's still at it.
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
gragnak
Senior Steward

Post by gragnak »

34 here
furor vincit omnia
Spaceman Spiff
Apprentice

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

41 here (and the days have never flown by faster). Looks like I am in good company.
-Spaceman Spiff
Grue
Steward

Post by Grue »

36 here.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Serpent's Sister
Initiate

Post by Serpent's Sister »

41 here also!
Is there a relationship between worm and spice?
realmzmaster
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by realmzmaster »

Well, I am an Adult who is a stone's throw from undead (7 months to go) :cry: But , I will be playing CRPG until they pry the mouse from my cold undead hand. :P
History is written by the winners!
Piftuka
Pledge

Post by Piftuka »

I'm above 30.
taspool
Initiate

Post by taspool »

GSV3MiaC wrote:Apparently I'm the only undead amongst us. The only one admitting to it anyway. .....

Hex editors? Shucks, we used to have to load the DG Nova bootstrap program from the front panel switches, one byte at a time...

8>.
One byte at a time? Luxury!! My uni computing course back in the 70's required the use of 1 and 0's. And we had to bring our own 1's.

Not far from the truth, even though I'm a few months from Undead. In some ways I'm surprised the average Eschalon age isn't older. Can't get my own kids interested, they'd rather zap things in Bioshock or Half-Life.

On the upside, we undead have been able to play every decent rpg ever made, as they were released, and enjoyed them as cutting edge at the time. How good were Dungeon Master, Bards Tale and Ultima Underworld that first time you played 'em.

Cheers
Greg