"Cash Cab" Question

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

"Cash Cab" Question

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

I was just watching Discovery Channel's "Cash Cab" and some women just lost their video bonus question. The question they couldn't answer was: "What South American lizard that can run atop water was named after a legendary creature whose gaze could kill?"

Anyone?
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Eeeerr...Cockatrice? :lol: No, wait a second..that's not lizard... :lol:
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

My favorite death-gaze creature was always the Catoblepas, but that wouldn't have made for a catchy company name.
Gothmog
Marshall

Post by Gothmog »

Catoblepas-Games proudly presents: The Return Of The Killer Catoblepas and The Wrath Of The Tatzelwurm, Part 235!! I love those dragon-ego-shooters. :lol:
"FUL IR"
Gallifrey
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Re: "Cash Cab" Question

Post by Gallifrey »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:I was just watching Discovery Channel's "Cash Cab" and some women just lost their video bonus question. The question they couldn't answer was: "What South American lizard that can run atop water was named after a legendary creature whose gaze could kill?"

Anyone?
Hmmmmmm.... It wouldn't be, oh, the basilsk would it? :p
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning. And the sea's asleep and the rivers dream … People made of smoke and cities made of song … Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold!