Flooded

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
Iane
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Flooded

Post by Iane »

Well after a Month of HELL I'm back on the net - you may or not have heard about the Queensland Floods here in Australia and may have guessed from 1st 5 words that myself and my family were effected.

In short the whole street where I lived became part of the Brisbane river and the single level house we rented went under to the 1st tile on the roof so say 9 to 10 feet of water.

To think that in March of this year we were looking to move house but it seems the river made that decision for us a few months early so yeah 2011 has started out for us to be a Bitch of a year.
geishaboy
Marshall

Re: Flooded

Post by geishaboy »

Yeah, the 6 o'clock news has been keeping me updated on the Queensland floods. Good to know you are ok
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

:shock: Wow! Glad to hear you are okay, and it is nice to see you back here.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Wow, Iane! Glad to have you back on the boards, and more importantly glad you and your family are well. Mother Nature is having a bitchy year.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

I have a couple of internet friends from down under and they were on the southern side of Australia so missed the horrid things going on. Our local newspaper has been reporting on it off and on. Floods, Cyclone, gawds too much! My friend said the only good thing that happened is the Cane Toads hopefully drowned! :) I think it was Cane toad, some toad that is poisonous. Anyway, good to hear from you!
:D
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

...Sigh... . :(
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.