Game of Thrones

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Game of Thrones

Post by Rune_74 »

Anyone else watch and love the game of thrones on HBO?

I loved the first episode, especailly as a fan of the books.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Re: Game of Thrones

Post by Dragonlady »

Rune_74 wrote:Anyone else watch and love the game of thrones on HBO?

I was thinking of taping it but got side tracked this weekend. Maybe I'll catch it later. Is it any good? Haven't read the books.
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

Dragonlady wrote:
Rune_74 wrote:Anyone else watch and love the game of thrones on HBO?

I was thinking of taping it but got side tracked this weekend. Maybe I'll catch it later. Is it any good? Haven't read the books.
You haven't read the books? Go now, right now and pick up the first book...you will not be dissapointed.

You don't need to read the books to like the show, but the books expand on a lot of the ideas of the show. It was excellent in my opinion. Take the production values of Rome and turn it to a low magic fantasy world. I loved it.
sirdilznik
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by sirdilznik »

I haven't read the books but I'm definitely interested in the show. Alas I do not get HBO so my only option to see would be shady internet method until they come out with a season DVD. By the way HBO already picked the show up for another season after just one episode.

Truth is it's been far too long since I've enjoyed a good book so I may have to give this series a read. Stephen King's Dark Tower series is first on my list though.
Will Pay For Cloth Map
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

The fact I have reread the series a few times so far shows just how good it is. Yes on the renew.

A geek's dream:)
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

After all of these glowing comments, I have been inspired to download Game of Thrones. The series sounds like great fun. Only have a couple of "required" readings to plow through first. Thanks for the heads up!
ManusDei
Council Member

Post by ManusDei »

First episode was good, and has a very nice cliffhanger :D
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

Once again I'm out of the loop.

EDIT: Been looking at YouTube clips... the show really looks quite good. Sorta makes me wish I had HBO.
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
Ikzai
Initiate

Post by Ikzai »

It's a good adaptation and that surprised me. I was, of course, greatly disappointed with how they handled certain aspects of the story but overall I liked it a lot. My biggest complaint was that most of the character's personalities didn't really get to shine through and a LOT of detail was lost in the transition to the small screen but oh well.
ManusDei
Council Member

Post by ManusDei »

Ikzai wrote:My biggest complaint was that most of the character's personalities didn't really get to shine through
Well, some personnalities like Rob Stark don't shine much, even in the books :D