Steam Summer Sale

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Steam Summer Sale

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Right now Eschalon: Book I and Book II are on sale at Steam for 75% off! This makes them just a few dollars each until July 10th.

I mention this because I get so many people asking if I have the ability to transfer their license from Greenhouse to Steam, or from us to Steam (I don't, by the way). At these prices, there is no reason to not just repurchase the games through Steam. Heck, buy a couple copies for your friends!

I hope to also appeal to all the people who pirated the games and have enjoyed them. Right now, for less then $10, you can legally own both copies and support us in our endeavor to make more games.

Book I: http://bit.ly/jDpGhu

Book II: http://bit.ly/l4N6uL

Thanks everyone!
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
BehindTimes
Initiate

Re: Steam Summer Sale

Post by BehindTimes »

It's about time :P I mean, I already have both games on CD already, but I've been too worried about putting the CD into my Mac because it suffers from sharp edges around where you'd insert the CD, and no way did I want to scratch the games.
GaryW
Initiate

Post by GaryW »

Picked up a copy from steam for book 2 :) Will look forward to playing it after spending over 60 hours on book 1 :)
Ikzai
Initiate

Post by Ikzai »

Been playing the heck out of Book 1. @_@ These games are so good it's crazy. At a price that low, too, I've been recommending it to anyone I know who has ever at some point appreciated old school RPGs.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Ikzai wrote:Been playing the heck out of Book 1. @_@ These games are so good it's crazy. At a price that low, too, I've been recommending it to anyone I know who has ever at some point appreciated old school RPGs.
Thank you! Word-of-mouth is our primary form of advertising.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Puhuk
Pledge

Post by Puhuk »

Second (and hopefully last) attempt of posting this.
BasiliskWrangler wrote: Word-of-mouth is our primary form of advertising.
I'm not convinced that this is your best bet.
I know that you've had bad experience with Google adverts, but you seem to be eager for some more exposure yourself.
My suggestion on this problem would be to rethink your reluctant stance on Steam achievements (even though you consider Eschalon Books I/II finished) and try to get yourself a spot in one (or better yet, more) of the occasional big achievement related give-away.
According to your own figures, Steam has been a massive position in your sales and that is while you haven't been exposed to the broad public there. To name an example, I only ever stumbled upon your games (and purchased them right away) through sheer chance.
Plenty of indie games take part in such a give-away and likely for good reason, since you do not only get instant promotion with around five million eager gamers, but even score some sales by people that simply want to get a great number of achievements done in hope for a neat prize.
If you drop the normal price point to the range where you'd be between one and three dollar on a 75% discount and get yourself such a spot, I'm sure your investment would pay off, given that steam achievements should be rather easy to implement.

Additionally, I'd like to suggest negotiating a spot with GOG, since they're going to feature new games as well in 2012. The audience seems to enjoy the kind of games you produce, given that Ultima VII is selling very decent, so I would bet that if you'd get Book I for $5.99 on there, you'd easily increase your sales again (the $9.99 spots have far worse sale numbers!).
Additionally, if you can sneak in on one of their daily 60% off promotions, you might find yourself with a good number of sold units.

Thank you in advance for considering my suggestions and I hope Eschalon Books II is going to be a big success. I'm certainly going to purchase it once it's in the ~$5 range.