Yup, Another Kickstarter - Shadowrun Returns

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
sirdilznik
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Yup, Another Kickstarter - Shadowrun Returns

Post by sirdilznik »

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/161 ... un-returns
Shoot Straight. Conserve Ammo. And Never Cut a Deal With A Dragon.

Jordan Weisman, the creator of Shadowrun, is back and Shadowrun Returns (for Apple & Android tablets and PCs) is the game that Shadowrun fans have been waiting for a long time. A graphically rich 2D turn-based single player game with deep story interaction, meaningful character development, and highly-contextual tactical combat, Shadowrun Returns is not only going to make some old geeks (like us) very happy but it will introduce new players to a dynamic gaming universe that is beloved around the world.

Created almost 25 years ago, Shadowrun remains one of the most original and cherished role-playing settings. The game world’s origin story mashes-up the dystopian Cyberpunk future of a Blade Runner with the high fantasy creatures and races of a Lords of the Rings in an organic way that produces iconic characters, environments, and situations.
I never played any of the video games but I played the pencil & paper RPG and always thought it was a fantastic setting. I'm gonna pledge $15 to this to essentially pre-order.
Will Pay For Cloth Map
llew silverhand
Senior Council Member

Re: Yup, Another Kickstarter - Shadowrun Returns

Post by llew silverhand »

I just did so myself. I've never played the PnP - in fact, I've only played the latest iteration (which lasted all of 10 minutes before I uninstalled it) - I'd love to try this new game, and even the old tabletop RPG.
Llew Silverhand - Once and Future Gnome King
sirdilznik
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by sirdilznik »

They've just reached the $400,000 goal with tons of time to spare. Man, I'm loving turn-based RPGs coming back.
:mrgreen:
Will Pay For Cloth Map
llew silverhand
Senior Council Member

Post by llew silverhand »

sirdilznik wrote:They've just reached the $400,000 goal with tons of time to spare. Man, I'm loving turn-based RPGs coming back.
zzaaaaaaaagggggg :D
Llew Silverhand - Once and Future Gnome King
Gene
Initiate

Post by Gene »

Oooooh my!

I'm pretty sure I've put more into Kickstarter in the past three months than I put into triple-A titles in all of last year. So glad to see these companies getting a chance to make the games they want to make.

Doubly glad that the games getting made are ones that I'll enjoy! :D
sirdilznik
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by sirdilznik »

How's about some gameplay footage?

Holy smokes, I'm really impressed, especially by the AI! Oh man, the zany wacky adventures my Ork (likely Shaman) is going to get into.
Will Pay For Cloth Map
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

sirdilznik wrote:How's about some gameplay footage?
OK, just watching through the first minute, and that does look pretty cool. I'm not a particular fan of this sub-genre ("FuturePunk"?...), but I'm glad their Kickstarter was so successful that Mac and Linux versions will be produced. If they put out a demo of this, I'll definitely check it out...
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

definitely reminds me of the old super nes game combined with the pnp game.

gameplay was pretty cool, kind of reminds me of the new xcom style.
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.
agelinaking
Pledge

Post by agelinaking »

Gene wrote:Oooooh my!

I'm pretty sure I've put more into Kickstarter in the past three months than I put into triple-A titles in all of last year. So glad to see these companies getting a chance to make the games they want to make.

yeah dude i am totally agree with you dude.. i think it should be share around the web. 8)
agelinaking
Pledge

Post by agelinaking »

Gene wrote:Oooooh my!

yeah dude i am totally agree with you dude.. i think it should be share around the web. 8)
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Bumping this thread back up, as the game launches this coming Thursday. Here's the new trailer.

http://youtu.be/UFYsQ0M2Jrg
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
LordMarius1
Pledge

Post by LordMarius1 »

Guys I really wanted to tell you of a neat little game in the works by a hungarian indei team, there game is called Balrum, the graphycs are similar with Book of Eschalon, however thats where the similarities end. The game has interesting crafting of items and housing, a exploration and much more. Take a look and if you like it spread the word :)
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/balconyteam/balrum