Happy Memorial Day

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Happy Memorial Day

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

I just want to take a moment to wish everyone a fun and safe Memorial Day weekend. For any of us living in free societies in the modern world, a lot of dedicated men and women of the armed forces gave their lives for us to have these things. Remember them all and that the greatest wish of every soldier is for peace.

Then take some time to slaughter goblin hordes and tauraxes.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
deathknight1728
Illustrious
Illustrious

Re: Happy Memorial Day

Post by deathknight1728 »

Very well said. Thats one reason why i always give the highest respect out to the brave men and women out there fighting. If they aren't doing what they do, how can we appreciate anything?
"As long as 60% of the things you do are good, it doesnt matter what the 40% is."-PQ

His face turns a twisted grin. Its a little disturbing. "Vicious vermin, I'd like to strangle every one of them."-Captain Johnson, Avernum
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

I just watched the local news and the various events going on. the reading of names (11 hrs worth), etc. They had two women on who'd worked as spies in WW2 in the OSS. It was amusing to see they had retired to a retirement community unknownly to each other and discovered they had worked for the same outfit. They had lots of photos and stuff. They later went to work for the CIA - which neither talked about, not even to each other. :) I can remember those not coming home from Vietnam, and those who did. I salute, and put the flag out on the porch for them all. We wouldn't have our freedom if not for them. Never forget. :)
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
vdweller
Senior Steward

Post by vdweller »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:gave their lives for us
Well these days they also give them for BP, Haliburton, Exxon, Lockheed, Microsoft et cetera.

You know, people dying for some good ol' profit over another (always evil) nation.

No disrespect for the fallen, it's just a shame who untimately benefits from their demise, who sends them there in the first place.

Just criticising today's wars.