Resonance

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
sirdilznik
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Resonance

Post by sirdilznik »

Resonance is an upcoming adventure game from Wadjet Eye Games. As a big fan of Wadjet Eye and adventure games in general, I was quite excited for this and quickly pre-ordered the game from GOG. As a little bonus they put out a preview build for those that pre-ordered to play with approximately 4 hours of gameplay (if you know the solutions to the puzzles you can probably do it in an hour or less). A demo, which will be shorter, is supposedly also on the way.

Anyway, I went ahead and gave the preview a spin. If you've played any adventure from Wadjet Eye you know what to expect here; top notch adventure gaming goodness with retro graphics. The extra twist in this game is the memory mechanic. You gain long-term memories that you can access as reminders. You can also drag thing from the environment into short-term memory. You can then drag both short-term and long-term memories, as well as inventory items, into conversations to bring them up as topics. It's nothing revolutionary, but nonetheless an interesting take on the conversation mechanic. You also get to control multiple characters in certain parts and can switch freely between them.

I finished the preview today and was really impressed. The story is a terrific mystery laden with scientific experiments and corporate espionage. While it's too early to pass judgement, this has the potential to be the best Wadjet Eye adventure yet, even better than Gemini Rue. The only down side is that now I have to wait 2 weeks to play the rest of the game.
Will Pay For Cloth Map
deathknight1728
Illustrious
Illustrious

Re: Resonance

Post by deathknight1728 »

Sounds like a cool game. I should tell my brother about that, he loves games like zelda, but plays nothing else. One of these days ill get him hooked on a cool indie adventure game like the one you mentioned.
"As long as 60% of the things you do are good, it doesnt matter what the 40% is."-PQ

His face turns a twisted grin. Its a little disturbing. "Vicious vermin, I'd like to strangle every one of them."-Captain Johnson, Avernum