Forum Inactivity

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
Necromis
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Re: Forum Inactivity

Post by Necromis »

yeah I pop in here from time to time still, too. I actually got sucked into Skyrim for a bit here and have been killing my time playing it till Book III comes out. I do agree that word of mouth does help because it was a thread on here about Skyrim that got me to check it out. :D
The Quickest way to a man's heart is thru his back.
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

Another marshal+ is back!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Prismatic Maelstrom wrote:Only 17 days to go for Book III and the forums are still quiet. :( Perhaps people are confused about how to register for these forums?
Traditional forums are not as popular as they once were. These kinds of forums were once THE place to hang out and talk about the game(s) you love. Now people have Facebook and Twitter, or more general RPG forums like GameBanshee or RPGWatch, and game specific forums on Steam/GoG/Reddit etc. There are just so many other places people can hang out.

Also, the very nature of Eschalon being a solo, single-player, offline game means that it attracts people who might otherwise not be as social as the average gamer- meaning, we have a lot of lurker fans.

Finally, if others are like me... I avoid ALL previews and leaked clips of movies and games before release. I don't want to have anything ruined for me. I know people like Painted Lady are similar in nature- they will just not even come around for fear they might see something they'll regret.

In the end, we are a developer that needs X amount of sales to be able to fund our next project. I don't worry so much about how many people I see browsing our forums- that doesn't seem to have any effect on our sales numbers. I'm going to be looking at the first 30 days sales and forecasting if we will be able to make our next game or not. :)
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

...Yeah, there are still those of us who do visit from time to time but don't post anything because we don't feel like we have anything worthwhile saying. I do that a lot, lately (though I admit I don't visit here very often any longer... since my lengthy sabbatical), so I guess I've changed a lot from my earlier days on this board. I read what people post, but if I don't feel like I have anything to add, then I don't post.
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Yep. Check in every day, but until Book III is out and we have stuff from the game itself to discuss, there's not as much to post about. Also, life is crazy sometimes. Just ask Bernie. ;-)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Calathon
Marshall

Post by Calathon »

Prismatic Maelstrom wrote:Only 17 days to go for Book III and the forums are still quiet. :( Perhaps people are confused about how to register for these forums?
To be honest, I had some difficulties registering to this forum because I did not read the instructions very carefully (i.e.: not at all). So when the confirmation email was still pending after some days I began reading the instructions and everything was fine.
Long story short: if one really wants to participate in this forum he/she will have the time and will to invest 5 minutes of reading. ;-)
"It is early morning, quiet and peaceful."