Best track in Eschalon?

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Best track in Eschalon?

Post by Lord_P »

What do you think is/are the best music track(s) in Eschalon Book I/II?
My opinions:

Book I - Overland 4 (Grimmhold and Bordertown)
First I thought of Air Prelude, but then I remembered a thing that happened to me when I played Book I. SPOILER!-> The death of your brother is a touching moment in it's own, but the effect was raised up to twelve when I quick-travelled to Bordertown and this started playing. I nearly cried. That moment was awesome! (This track is also played in just the right places. You will spend a long time in Grimmhold and Bordertown.)

Book II - Durnore (Durnore and Hammerlorne Mountain)
No track in the entire game is as good as this one. It fits so perfectly with the barren snowy wasteland of Nor'land that it makes me want to plunge through the screen (Too bad this is only played in two maps where people don't spend that long time, not counting visiting Durnore.)
leshpar
Marshall

Re: Best track in Eschalon?

Post by leshpar »

My run through Book 1 (yeah, this is semi off topic, sorry) I ended up with about 6 or 7 bandits following me before I was strong enough to handle that many, so I ran to Bordertown with them following me, and they proceeded to attack the town.

What I didn't take into account was how weak the townspeople were. Pretty much everyone died. . .except for me. I killed em all with the help of the townspeople, but I'd say about 80% of them died. Then I was forced to kill the blacksmith later because I put my armor in his chest so I could carry the 75 pound crucible and when I went to go get my armor back. . .he got pissed.

I feel sorry for my Bordertown.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

I'll agree with Overland 4 from Book I, but I'm not a big fan of the Durnore music from Book II. I like Willow and the Light from Book II, which plays at night in Raven's Gate, Port Kuudad, and in Northern Farrock Range.
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

SpottedShroom wrote:I'll agree with Overland 4 from Book I, but I'm not a big fan of the Durnore music from Book II. I like Willow and the Light from Book II, which plays at night in Raven's Gate, Port Kuudad, and in Northern Farrock Range.
Does it? In xolotl's editor, every map has two tracks it can play. I don't think that they are dependent of the current time of day (though Willow and the Light fits perfectly with the nights of Port Kuudad).

I always liked Durnore for some reason, don't know why.