interesting idea maybe?

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
leshpar
Marshall

interesting idea maybe?

Post by leshpar »

I was thinking: What if, after Book 3 has been out for a while, someone goes back and balances the games in order using the interface and character abilities and such from Book 3. . .and goes back to Book 1 making you play all 3 games in order without having to create a new character at the start of each one. Like the dragonels at the start of book 2 would require you be at least level 15 and maybe (theoretically) the starting enemies of book 3 might require at least level 25? I think it'd be an interesting idea, but might take too much programming time away from more important things (as each game definitely stands on its own and restarting each time so far has made perfect sense.).

What do you think?
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Re: interesting idea maybe?

Post by Lord_P »

I agree with the "Eschalon Trilogy" -idea with every game made with Book III's interface and etc. but I am not so sure about character importing. Balancing would be too hard. What it could have is that your character starting abilities and attributes are transferred (although modifiable) to avoid RE-ROLLING EXTREME :twisted: .
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: interesting idea maybe?

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

I think it would require some adjustments to the transition between Book I and Book II, but the game could be restructured to allow it to be one big, continuous world rather than the illusion of a continuous world broken into three distinct segments.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.