Message to BW-Someone Stole Eschalon's Music

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
deathknight1728
Illustrious
Illustrious

Message to BW-Someone Stole Eschalon's Music

Post by deathknight1728 »

I was playing a game demo that I found on the internet which I won't disclose, only to basilisk wrangler and found music that was completely copied from book 1 and book 2. I was in one part of the game and I know that the game was an indie so the graphics were a little off wack. But then i hear the same beginning music of the 1st town in book 2 played over and over again. I thought to myself this sounds so familiar. Then i went into the next level which had a cave in it. This time I heard another 10 second clip, played over and over again. Both clips were taken from eschalon series and I really don't know what to do. Any info on these things from someone that can help would be great. I don't feel its right after all this work.

-Dave
"As long as 60% of the things you do are good, it doesnt matter what the 40% is."-PQ

His face turns a twisted grin. Its a little disturbing. "Vicious vermin, I'd like to strangle every one of them."-Captain Johnson, Avernum
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Re: Message to BW-Someone Stole Eschalon's Music

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Dave,

Some of the music in Eschalon was written specifically for us- we own those tracks. For example, the main theme melody is ours, as are a number of other tracks throughout the game. However, there is nearly an equal number of tracks that were "leased" from a royalty-free music library. We paid a fee to be able to use that music in our game. The downside to that is that other games may use that music, too. The music does not become ours to use exclusively.

If you are talking about one of the first tracks you hear in Book 1...yes, that is a royalty-free track that we found online. It is a fairly popular piece, and we usually get a couple email per year from people who claim they've heard "our" music in other games.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
deathknight1728
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by deathknight1728 »

Oh ok. I had no idea. The only reason I brought it to your attention was I thought they were trying to take advantage of you. Im glad that isn't the case. The main reason i thought that it was a conspiracy was that the whole operation of the game was poor and I figured it was a fly by night operation.
"As long as 60% of the things you do are good, it doesnt matter what the 40% is."-PQ

His face turns a twisted grin. Its a little disturbing. "Vicious vermin, I'd like to strangle every one of them."-Captain Johnson, Avernum
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

You see, the music is so good many people use it. :lol: