Consider a Prequel *Spoilers*

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Consider a Prequel

Post by Vroqren »

IJBall wrote:I suspect we'll also see Lilith again - she played too big a part of Book I to ignore, and I also suspect there was a lot more going on with her than we were let in on in Book I.

Hmm...
Slight Problem. I may have killed her every time. Actually, I did kill her every time. That sword was just too tempting.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Vroqren wrote:
IJBall wrote:I suspect we'll also see Lilith again - she played too big a part of Book I to ignore, and I also suspect there was a lot more going on with her than we were let in on in Book I.

Hmm...
Slight Problem. I may have killed her every time. Actually, I did kill her every time. That sword was just too tempting.
The joy of CRPGs. No matter how many games you kill an NPC in (hello, Captain Morgan), that NPC can still appear in the next game.

We may also see Father Michael again from Book I and find out more about his treachery.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

That's true - I hadn't thought about him. And what about the man he tried to have us poison? What ever happened to him?

SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Vroqren wrote:That's true - I hadn't thought about him. And what about the man he tried to have us poison? What ever happened to him?
I thought that guy died anyway soon after from the flesh-eating disease, but maybe not.
---

Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote: We may also see Father Michael again from Book I and find out more about his treachery.
Wow, very cool thought - and one that makes a lot of sense.

Also, I just finished my seventh play-through of Book II. This build was a Ranger with some Divination buffing and Alchemy. She was by far my most successful warrior - she sliced through the Taurax like they were wimps.

So, as I was wrapping up the scene in Talushorn, I was thinking about Book III. There is one point where "you" are told that there is more to you than you know. That is obviously a set-up for Book III. Since you don't seem to be part Orakur, there is some sort of history yet to be revealed. Such fun!
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Painted Lady wrote:
Kreador Freeaxe wrote: We may also see Father Michael again from Book I and find out more about his treachery.
Wow, very cool thought - and one that makes a lot of sense.

Also, I just finished my seventh play-through of Book II. This build was a Ranger with some Divination buffing and Alchemy. She was by far my most successful warrior - she sliced through the Taurax like they were wimps.

So, as I was wrapping up the scene in Talushorn, I was thinking about Book III. There is one point where "you" are told that there is more to you than you know. That is obviously a set-up for Book III. Since you don't seem to be part Orakur, there is some sort of history yet to be revealed. Such fun!
[sarcasm]I don't know - I think being part Orakur would really help the plot advance...[/sarcasm]

Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

IJBall wrote:Credo(?)
You're thinking of Brudo.
Kreador Freeaxe wrote:We may also see Father Michael again from Book I and find out more about his treachery.
No we won't. Don't you remember 'Treachery', CB's fanfic? :lol:
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

I'd definitely love to know how you came by that space in the underground repository in B1. It's such an interesting location, particularly since the guy running it was a goblin. It would be cool to encounter another repository (maybe a branch office) in B3, and thereby learn a bit more about it.

It would also be nice to learn more about that guy that hired you to kill Lilith, what his relationship was to her, and why he was after her sword.
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

Jedi_Learner wrote: One thing to consider is the ending of Book II and what we find in Fathamurk. When the beam of energy hits the Crux of Fire could there be the possibility that you were sent back or forward in time? Or do you remain in the current timestream? Dead characters could come back depending on this answer.
And, some more thoughts about the four Crux since they seem to be at the center of the story. You have one, the "One" has another and two are elsewhere. It would seem to me that your quests in Book III are going to be based on finding the other two. That's going to take a bunch of traveling and fighting. Can't wait.........
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Jedi_Learner wrote:
Jedi_Learner wrote:According to Korren the mages of Lorewitch Tower "study forgotten forms of ancient magick and collect relics from the past" and Charma does know about Erubor and his involvement with Crius Vindica.
I mean Erubor, not Korren. Whoops. :P
That's too bad, Jedi_Learner. For that, you will have to cut down the tallest tree in Tanglewood Forest...with a herring.
---

Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Another thought with the whole time situation:

If I recall correctly, The "One" destroys the Crux of Fire at the end of Book II. If he does that, but we get sent back in time, does that mean that the Crux of Fire was never destroyed?, or rather, hasn't been destroyed yet?

Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Consider a Prequel *Spoilers*

Post by Painted Lady »

At the end of Book II you are hurled into a jungle still clutching the Crux of Fire and nothing else.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Jedi_Learner wrote:Tanglewood Forest? :wink:
I plead insufficient coffee.
---