Hurricane Sandy

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Hurricane Sandy

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

If you live anywhere in the path of Hurricane Sandy, be safe! And please...post some pictures here for the rest of us to see!! :wink:
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Hurricane Sandy

Post by Vroqren »

I personally don't live near it, though my sister was moved a number of miles inland. So ditto to what BW said - be safe, but pictures are awesome =)

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

Where is it? I haven't heard the news.
noname
Marshall

Post by noname »

I'm right in the path, Atlantic city NJ, very bad outside so can't take any pictures, roads are closed and expecting electricity to go out any minute. We are expecting the worst of it tonight and tomorrow. All roads are closed anyway. We couldn't leave anyway because the road is flooded both ways. Fortunately the main flood waters seem to stop just short of our house. I hope!! We worry most about the wind and rain. It's really powerful already. I knew we should have moved to Las Vegas.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Heard that the HMS Bounty ship went down off the coast. All but 2 crew members found and rescued. This 'Bounty' tall masted ship is a remake and sails around the oceans on training missions and touring, I think.

Be safe everyone. Take pictures of the aftermath..if you can safely that is. :roll:
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

noname wrote:I'm right in the path, Atlantic city NJ, very bad outside so can't take any pictures, roads are closed and expecting electricity to go out any minute. We are expecting the worst of it tonight and tomorrow. All roads are closed anyway. We couldn't leave anyway because the road is flooded both ways. Fortunately the main flood waters seem to stop just short of our house. I hope!! We worry most about the wind and rain. It's really powerful already. I knew we should have moved to Las Vegas.
You don't want me to tell you that it's blue skies and 80 degrees in Vegas, then, do you?

Be safe. Everyone on the Eastern Seaboard. I've known a few Sandys and they never hit like a girl. They tend to kick below the belt.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
sirdilznik
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by sirdilznik »

I live in Connecticut, we got through it alright, not too bad. Now the folks in New Jersey and New York, I worry for them.
Will Pay For Cloth Map
deathknight1728
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by deathknight1728 »

Live in Jersey shore, and its a mess. Mass amount of people all fighting for gas, the boardwalk is all torn up, ferris wheel in the ocean, the toilets in any public places are all ruined and disgusting beyond all measure. The looting is close by and its more prevalent in towns and cities like newark and camden, but still is happening in other cities. People are going into your house if your door's unlocked and stealing your supplies. Ive never seen human behavior go so wrong.

Luckily my parents have a small house located in brick. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to talk to you fine people. Oh and power in jersey shore, at least a week or half week.

http://totallycoolpix.com/wp-content/up ... dy_005.jpg
"As long as 60% of the things you do are good, it doesnt matter what the 40% is."-PQ

His face turns a twisted grin. Its a little disturbing. "Vicious vermin, I'd like to strangle every one of them."-Captain Johnson, Avernum
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Damn, stay safe, Deathknight. Those segments of humanity who think that a disaster is a good time to shop in their neighbors' houses never cease to amaze and disgust me.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:Damn, stay safe, Deathknight. Those segments of humanity who think that a disaster is a good time to shop in their neighbors' houses never cease to amaze and disgust me.
Same here. I, too, am disgusted with 'opportunists'. :x But, then there are folks who help/share with neighbors too and that makes me happy & glad to know there are good'uns out there. :)
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

If that's what people do after a hurricane, I don't want to live on this planet anymore...

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

Reading what has happened to you, I'm glad that I live in a country without an access to the ocean.
deathknight1728
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by deathknight1728 »

Just woke up, phone call from parents main house-they got power but no internet. Im currently with me and my brother in brick house and its much more easier now to wash clothes and stuff with 2 houses with dryers and washers :)

Im not really political or anything but I will say this-President Obama and Governor Christie really answered the call right away with this stuff. Im even moreso glad that Governor Christie got on top of JCP and L's shenanigans even though Christie is recovering from the flu.

Im hoping that my grandparents in neptune can get power next. My grandmother has dementia and she might think that were getting attacked by the Germans or something. Ive been trying to use what little gas I have to bring them over something each day, but its hard as getting from certain roads to others is tough sometimes.
"As long as 60% of the things you do are good, it doesnt matter what the 40% is."-PQ

His face turns a twisted grin. Its a little disturbing. "Vicious vermin, I'd like to strangle every one of them."-Captain Johnson, Avernum
sirdilznik
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by sirdilznik »

It's good to hear that things are starting to get a tiny bit better for you and your family, deathknight. Hang in there and stay safe.
Will Pay For Cloth Map
leshpar
Marshall

Post by leshpar »

I hate to make this political, but Mitt Romney wants to get rid of FEMA and leave relief efforts to each individual state and, if possible, privatize it and remove all forms of government involvement. wtf? He's a (pardon my french) fucking idiot for that alone. FEMA has saved so many lives.