Questions about the Lore of Eschalon

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Questions about the Lore of Eschalon

Post by Lord_P »

I felt like I needed a thread for pointless questions about lore. :)

First: what is this place called Pomedore? Will we be going there?

Second: I have thought about ports in the two provinces. Edon is the western port of Mistfell (Magela Ocean). Port Kuudad is the major eastern port (Cesani Ocean). West/Eastwillow is the seconday eastern port and has seen better days according to Brelinda. Broken Blade is most likely the northern port of Mistfell. Is/was Aridell the eastern port of Thaermore? And what is it's western port? Some unknown settlement in Western Thaermore, or perhaps Bastion Spire or Vela?

The map of Eschalon reveals a location called "Dragundun" in Nor'land. I believe that's a dwarven port and the place of Lord Dagenboom (Lord Brumbelton mentions him).

The Lost Bay lighthouse strenghtens the fact that Pomedore is a settlement. It's located between Amirenth and Thaermore.
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Questions about the Lore of Eschalon

Post by Painted Lady »

Also, there are Aruk-Algion and Trollback in the south of Barrea. It just makes me shiver to think about how much fun this is going to be.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Painted Lady wrote:Barrea.
Says it all. Remember those Barrean Mercenaries in Book I? Well, it makes sense that there would be a lot of them in Barrea if they're from there anyway, right? If I had to guess, I would guess that most of the time in Book III is spent in Barrea.
Then again, we started in a jungle, that much we know. The only thing remotely similar to a jungle that I can think of is the land between Crakamir and Amireth. If that's the case, it's a long way to Barrea, but we might get to play in previously visited areas. Of course, there is the tiny little area with trees in South-West Barrea, maybe we ended up there.

Uggh - so many possibilities, each of which makes 10 new questions...
I'm getting my info from this by the way.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

Wylderan is a jungle, or that's what I think it is. I think Book III will be Wylderan -> Barrea (->Nor'land?) ->Some last place
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

Lord_P wrote:Wylderan is a jungle, or that's what I think it is. I think Book III will be Wylderan -> Barrea (->Nor'land?) ->Some last place
And don't forget Mirkland. The name Mirkland sounds sort of murky and maybe even swampy. Maybe it's the jungle you start from.

It looks like you will be searching for three Crux. So, you are probably going to have to get them from three different places. This is going to be so much fun!
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Painted Lady wrote:
Lord_P wrote:Wylderan is a jungle, or that's what I think it is. I think Book III will be Wylderan -> Barrea (->Nor'land?) ->Some last place
And don't forget Mirkland. The name Mirkland sounds sort of murky and maybe even swampy. Maybe it's the jungle you start from.

It looks like you will be searching for three Crux. So, you are probably going to have to get them from three different places. This is going to be so much fun!
Yeah, we know that there was one if Hammerlorne, which is in Norland, Do we yet know where the Crux of Ages was found? Before you put it into your vault?
And now we have to find that one again...
The other two could basically be anywhere, but I'd guess Barrea and Wylderan, seeing as those are the two biggest areas that are unexplored by us.

SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Wow - that's awesome. I can't believe you guys are so good with details like that, I've never caught those. I didn't even realize that we knew what all four of the Crux were. My point stands though - Barrea, and the other could basically be anywhere.

Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

What we know for sure is that "The One" has the Crux of Ages because he grabbed it when he killed Korren. You have the Crux of Fire in your hands. So, it looks like you are eventually going to have to confront "The One" if you want to get the Crux of Ages back.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Oh no... That's certainly true, which means that because of this, we know that we eventually have to fight BW. That is not a fight I look forward to...