Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition

Post by Painted Lady »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote: Or they're working on the Microsoft model, that version 1 of any release is a paid beta on the principle that first adopters are your best beta testers. ;-)
This is true. Which is why it's so nice for Mac users. We get nice, clean programs that pretty much work properly out of the box.
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

Painted Lady wrote:This is true. Which is why it's so nice for Mac users. We get nice, clean programs that pretty much work properly out of the box.
Yup! LIKE!!
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
noname
Marshall

Post by noname »

Painted Lady wrote:
Kreador Freeaxe wrote: Or they're working on the Microsoft model, that version 1 of any release is a paid beta on the principle that first adopters are your best beta testers. ;-)
This is true. Which is why it's so nice for Mac users. We get nice, clean programs that pretty much work properly out of the box.
Yeah, what few games you can get! Although I must admit that there are many more now than there used to be.
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

I am currently downloading the iPad version of BG:EE from iTunes. I have my fingers crossed that it runs reasonably smoothly. The web site says there is one problem - it won't run on the iPad 1 because of problems with memory restrictions.

They say they are committed to figuring out how to get the game on the iPad 1, but they also didn't want to hold up the rest of the world while they tried to get that problem figured out.

So, I'm off to start playing the game. I wonder how many times I'll die in the first hour........
deathknight1728
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by deathknight1728 »

The whole thing is a bunch of garbage. I love the game and all, but its been nearly 2 weeks and I still cant play the game I payed for. Instead of fixing the major problem, they are now porting it to ipad. No offense or anything, thats nice, but their top priority is to get the game working 100% for the first system that they released it for.

This kind of leadership is risky, If they do this for bg2, I dont know how much longer they'll last.

Im just going to hope that they fix the game with a patch this weekend. Thats all you can really hope for. Either that, or they do something riskier (but better for me) and release it for mac. I happen to have a mac already so that might just work.
"As long as 60% of the things you do are good, it doesnt matter what the 40% is."-PQ

His face turns a twisted grin. Its a little disturbing. "Vicious vermin, I'd like to strangle every one of them."-Captain Johnson, Avernum