Youtube

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Youtube

Post by Vroqren »

Often when I'm doing something boring, mindless work in a game, I like to watch Youtube videos to pass time. Many games don't allow people to upload videos of their games to Youtube. I personally don't upload videos, but would love to watch some specific players upload and play the Eschalon Series. So, I was wondering what the specific details on this topic were, as I would like to suggest the series to a couple people.

Would that be something Basilisk Games would be interesting in, or no?

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Re: Youtube

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

We allow it, and we encourage it. And if you search for "eschalon" on YouTube, there are a number of videos. Some are quite funny, some are cool.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Alright, great to know. I'll certainly suggest it to a couple of people that I think would especially like to play it.

Thanks!

SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

Walkthroughs of Eschalon are saddening-ly rare on Youtube. The only full series is ghostetler88's huge 84-part playthrough of Eschalon: Book II.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

84-part? How long was each video? That's seams a bit extensive...

Anyway, the people I was planning on suggesting it to make 20-30 minute video's, and are really not that great at video games. Should be funny to watch them attempt this, though they've got bucket loads of subscribers, so who knows. If they actually end up playing the games, I have a feeling a lot more people will as well.

Gene
Initiate

Post by Gene »

Vroqren wrote:84-part? How long was each video? That's seams a bit extensive...
The LP itself started when YouTube only allowed ten minute uploads; later in the series I increased video length to fifteen minutes and near the very end I had longer videos than that.

Admittedly, the LP was one of my first and was a blind play through of the game so there are some very rough edges. Especially early on.

That said, I do intend on playing Book Three when it hits and I've been meaning to go back and record me playing Book One as well.
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

Vroqren wrote:Alright, great to know. I'll certainly suggest it to a couple of people that I think would especially like to play it.

Thanks!
It definitely helps. A few years ago, someone did a video review of one of my early games. It had over 20,000 views and drove some traffic to my site for awhile.

It's a great idea, Vrogren, and if anyone deserves the attention, it's BW and his Eschalon games!
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

@Gene:
That's awesome. I didn't realize your LP was your first ever playthrough of the game, but it makes more sense now. The first time I ever beat Book II, it took over a year of ingame days. Makes you wonder why the Taurax hadn't moved into Mistfell yet. They're not that big of a threat just standing around in Talushorn, and you'd think a year would be long enough to convince them to move out. Oh, and you've just gained a subscriber. :P

@MyGameCompany:
Yeah, and the best part is that these guys have specifically said they love Indies. Only problem is, with the number of subscribers they've got, they can hardly just pick out one message and say: Yeah, I'll play that game. I think I'll really have to beef up the message to make them realize how awesome the game is. At the same time though, I can't become to annoying or persistent or they'll completely ignore me, and it'll put a bad name on the company for them.
On that note: Does anybody else watch the MindCrack community, and would possible be able to help? Youtube Channel for the community is: MindCrackNetwork
and the specific people in that community that I think would like the games are:
Guudeboulderfist
Millbeeful
Docm77
W92Baj

Gene
Initiate

Post by Gene »

Vroqren wrote:@Gene:
That's awesome. I didn't realize your LP was your first ever playthrough of the game, but it makes more sense now. The first time I ever beat Book II, it took over a year of ingame days. Makes you wonder why the Taurax hadn't moved into Mistfell yet. They're not that big of a threat just standing around in Talushorn, and you'd think a year would be long enough to convince them to move out. Oh, and you've just gained a subscriber. :P
Yeah, it took a very long time to complete the game; both in in-game time and out-of-game time. Took me roughly a year to finish it. Admittedly there were times when I was more or less lost (or just exploring) and that ate up a few episodes here or there. I just try not to think about the Taurax invasion, I'm just glad they're more polite than I am -- I'd have never waited on the hero!

Thanks very kindly for the sub, I hope I don't disappoint! :D