Minecraft server?

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Minecraft server?

Post by Vroqren »

Yeah, I tried a way to to have buttons we could press, which triggered command blocks that would teleport us inside the spawn for the night.
Unfortunately, on command blocks, a name must be specified when you use the /tp command, and I didn't want to have a command block for every person who ever played on the server.
When we have ender pearls after defeating the Ender Dragon, this will not be too much of a problem though.

Because enough people (4/4) liked the idea of a nightly rewards system, I'm going to implement it.
Every morning, when the night is over, 1 item will be dispensed in the center of the spawn platform. It will be a relatively powerful item, with low durability. It might also be a small number of good food, etc. I'll probably have like a 1/36 (because there are going to be 4 dispensers, randomly chosen) chance of it being something kinda worthless like a half-durability wooden sword, or leather boots with 1 hit left.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

Vroqren wrote:Unfortunately, on command blocks, a name must be specified when you use the /tp command, and I didn't want to have a command block for every person who ever played on the server.
If you replace the name with @p, it teleports the player nearest to the command block.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Okay, I thought I had tried this, but quickly went into a creative testing world to try again. It works, and I found my problem.

I had been trying /tp @p r=5 [x y z]
Oddly enough, it doesn't work if you specify a search radius, but it does if you don't. So, pressure plates will shortly be added that teleport the player into the spawn area. I assume you guys would also like some to teleport back out (don't bother responding to that alst question, I already added them :))

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests