Minecraft server?

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
Thynar
Apprentice

Re: Minecraft server?

Post by Thynar »

Vroqren wrote:I would love to have you on the server. Unfortunately I can't send PM's anymore. I don't know when it will be fixed. On top of that, the IP was just changed by the server hosting company, and I haven't gotten the new one to work yet.
I'm sorry for the wait, but maybe it's for the best: Nobody has been on for a number of days, and maybe people will have gotten back into the swing when I can PM you the IP (One that actually works).
Ah, sweet!
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Well, PM's are back for me at least. I'll send you a PM with the IP, though I haven't confirmed that it works yet. I'll need you to respond with your username so I can add you to the whitelist. People still aren't very active, but feel free to play on it anyways. Occasionally you might see somebody else on.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
llew silverhand
Senior Council Member

Post by llew silverhand »

Hey Vrogen, let me know the new connection info, to eh? :)
Llew Silverhand - Once and Future Gnome King
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Minecraft server

Post by Vroqren »

Hey, I would bring this up in a PM, but for some reason I can't send a PM to more than one person at a time. BW's already helped us out so much with the new forum issues, I figured it wouldn't be too big of a deal to make this post here.

To all who play on the server:
When Minecraft updates to 1.7 (probably in just a couple months), there will be a lot of new terrain changes. We've already explored pretty far in our world, and, frankly, are very well established. I know it's probably earlier than some would like, but I think that if we reset the map when 1.7 comes out, it would be a lot more fun. We could do a big opening, and hopefully find a time that many of us could be on at once.
Now, assuming we do reset, I could see a lack of interest of playing until then. Nobody wants to make an accomplishment that they know is going to be destroyed very soon. Instead of completely abandoning the server though, until we start the new one, we could perhaps have jousting wars from horses, PVP games around the spawn town, or even turning on eternal night, with difficulty hard. Just to have a final hurrah on this rather short lived map. There are also many fun games we can play in the Nether, etc.

It's not determined that the map will be reset when 1.7 comes out. I just think that it would be a good idea. Instead of responding in this topic, so that those who aren't very interested don't have to read what they don't care about, just PM what you think about it. I will also ask a couple of personal friends who play on the server, but frankly if they can't deal with what the majority wants, then they don't have to play on the server.

SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Thynar
Apprentice

Post by Thynar »

How about saving the parts we've worked on already, to import in later?
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Here is another thought for after the reset (which, by the way, has been confirmed after the official release of 1.7): we build the towns/cities of Book II in chronological order. We could spend some time finding a seed with each biome where it would need to be. What do you guys think?

llew silverhand
Senior Council Member

honestly I'm happy with whatever. curious what version you guys are running (1. 62 is out)
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

I believe the server is currently on 1.6.2.

llew silverhand
Senior Council Member

alright cool. I'll check again next time I log in (possibly tonight)

EDIT - apparently my executable was old, and I couldn't update past 1.5.2...so now I've got the new launcher, but it's got me a 1.6.4 :)
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

llew silverhand wrote:now I've got the new launcher, but it's got me a 1.6.4 :)
Server is as well. If I were you, I would start preparing some good weapons for our map finale.

llew silverhand
Senior Council Member

Wow my first time on in a while...Were those villagers? And a Yeti?

The castle rocks :)
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Yes, Villagers around the village, I thought that would be a nice touch. The 'yeti's' are Iron Golems around the village. And the castle looked significantly better before I added the glass windows, I just wanted the rooms to have a view.

I think on the next server, in our town (far away from our little Eschalon World simulation, we will build another, similar castle.

You should check out the End of this world (You can find it through the Nether, there's a nice path all the way to the portal).

Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

Vroqren wrote:If I were you, I would start preparing some good weapons for our map finale.
Does that mean we are going to go out in a blaze of glory?
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Lord_P wrote:
Vroqren wrote:If I were you, I would start preparing some good weapons for our map finale.
Does that mean we are going to go out in a blaze of glory?
=) I will probably hack in some beacons and commands blocks to make this 'Blaze of Glory' All the more glorious.
Capture the Flag anyone?

Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

Sounds interesting... and when that's done, TNT deathmatch. :twisted: