Same music on an other and newer game ? Strange ?

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
seche_linge
Pledge

Same music on an other and newer game ? Strange ?

Post by seche_linge »

Hello.
I was just testing "Fatecraft", a new "web-mmo" when i heard something very familiar.. a music. There is one of the music used in Eschalon : Book ll that is used in "Fatecraft". It's totally the same , there was no work on it. So, i just wanted to point that out. I'm a huge fan of Eschalon : Books game and, that was very "strange" to heard the same music on an other game.
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Re: Same music on an other and newer game ? Strange ?

Post by Lord_P »

Most of the Eschalon music is royalty free music, for example: "Willow and the Light" and "Air Prelude" are made by Kevin MacLeod, Inkompetech.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Lord_P wrote:Most of the Eschalon music is royalty free music, for example: "Willow and the Light" and "Air Prelude" are made by Kevin MacLeod, Inkompetech.
That was definitely true of Book I.

But Book II is, I think, either entirely original music, or (more likely) mostly original music. I think there may be a few 'royalty-free' tracks in Book II. But my recollection is, most of Book II contains original music, contracted by BG.

My understanding is that Book III is going to be 100% original music. :)
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

IJBall wrote:
Lord_P wrote:Most of the Eschalon music is royalty free music, for example: "Willow and the Light" and "Air Prelude" are made by Kevin MacLeod, Inkompetech.
That was definitely true of Book I.

But Book II is, I think, either entirely original music, or (more likely) mostly original music. I think there may be a few 'royalty-free' tracks in Book II. But my recollection is, most of Book II contains original music, contracted by BG.

My understanding is that Book III is going to be 100% original music. :)
And made by the same guys who made the original tracks in Books I & II. :D Can't wait!

"Willow and the Light" is definitely a royalty-free track. So is "Serpentine Trek" (heard in Farrock caverns, an excellent piece).
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

Lord_P wrote:And made by the same guys who made the original tracks in Books I & II. :D
I thought there was an interview a few months ago with a new guy who said he was going to do the Book III music. I cannot remember where I bumped into that info, but there was a link to his web site because I remember listening to some things he has written.

Will putter around and see if I can backtrack and find the links......
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Painted Lady wrote:
Lord_P wrote:And made by the same guys who made the original tracks in Books I & II. :D
I thought there was an interview a few months ago with a new guy who said he was going to do the Book III music. I cannot remember where I bumped into that info, but there was a link to his web site because I remember listening to some things he has written.

Will putter around and see if I can backtrack and find the links......
That guy backed out. Not sure why; every time we talked, he was interested in contributing, but he never followed through. Yes, he even stated on his web site that he was scoring Book III.

That's okay though- Book III's music is in good..no, great hands. There are reasons we can't name who is working on it right now, but the people involved are some of the most talented individuals I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. Book III's score will be 90% original. We are still going to use just a few royalty-free tracks/clips just because we need so much music to fill the world with.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.