Sounds familiar

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Sounds familiar

Post by Painted Lady »

I just noticed that they found rat meat being pawned off as lamb in China. Maybe the perpetrators got the idea from Book II. Do you suppose spider legs will show up disguised as crab next?
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Sounds familiar

Post by Vroqren »

Probably. And they'll use bull instead of... No wait...

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Painted Lady wrote:I just noticed that they found rat meat being pawned off as lamb in China. Maybe the perpetrators got the idea from Book II. Do you suppose spider legs will show up disguised as crab next?
Well along with rat meat, there was fox, mink and other unspecified meat. I guess they'd add spider and grubs next. :roll:
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
leshpar
Marshall

Post by leshpar »

Am I the only one not grossed out by this? I'll try any type of meat once as long as its prepared properly and up to health standards.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

leshpar wrote:Am I the only one not grossed out by this? I'll try any type of meat once as long as its prepared properly and up to health standards.
Not grossed out at all, actually. Then again, I was the only kid in my class back in high school to get extra credit in biology for eating a live meal worm. Just remember, head first so they don't try to crawl back up.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote: I was the only kid in my class back in high school to get extra credit in biology for eating a live meal worm. Just remember, head first so they don't try to crawl back up.
Ewwww! That is so gross it's unbelievable :?
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Painted Lady wrote:
Kreador Freeaxe wrote: I was the only kid in my class back in high school to get extra credit in biology for eating a live meal worm. Just remember, head first so they don't try to crawl back up.
Ewwww! That is so gross it's unbelievable :?
Ewwweeewwww! I agree.

Where's a throw up smilie when you need one? :roll:
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

leshpar wrote:Am I the only one not grossed out by this? I'll try any type of meat once as long as its prepared properly and up to health standards.
I agree... well, mostly. For example, I don't understand the fuss about reindeer meat.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Lord_P wrote:
I agree... well, mostly. For example, I don't understand the fuss about reindeer meat.
Has there been one? First I've heard of protesting reindeer meat. Though it might be due to the fact parents don't want to tramatize the kiddies by making them eat Donner, Blitzen, etc. :lol:
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

Dragonlady wrote:Has there been one? First I've heard of protesting reindeer meat. Though it might be due to the fact parents don't want to tramatize the kiddies by making them eat Donner, Blitzen, etc.
There was one in the UK when Lidl began selling it there. Personally I think that they were overreacting. Reindeer meat is good, and I don't think Santa would sell his reindeers to a butcher.