You deserve a pat on the back-Gog

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
deathknight1728
Illustrious
Illustrious

You deserve a pat on the back-Gog

Post by deathknight1728 »

This message is to Basilisk Wrangler and anyone else that has longed for this. The eschalon series is on good old games and this is good news.

Now my 2 favorite rpg companies are together as one on my favorite rpg buying site.

I think that Basilisk Wrangler deserves to show this to his whole family as this is a major accomplishment as a game developer and a person as a whole. Gog doesnt take just any rpgs and these are some of the best of them.

I hope that you sell many copies. I am now going to go and spread the word.

:mrgreen:
"As long as 60% of the things you do are good, it doesnt matter what the 40% is."-PQ

His face turns a twisted grin. Its a little disturbing. "Vicious vermin, I'd like to strangle every one of them."-Captain Johnson, Avernum
Arkos
Council Member

Re: You deserve a pat on the back-Gog

Post by Arkos »

This is pretty awesome! Will Book III and the unnamed sci-fi game be on GOG when they come out, too, I wonder?
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Kewlness. Haven't gotten any news from GOG and specials recently. I'll go take a look at the site sometime soon just to see it on my screen. :lol: I don't get very many games from them, it was my son's idea to get the Ultima series for the Mac a while ago.

Congrats BW. :D
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Prismatic Maelstrom wrote:Someone on their forums is going to watch others play the games rather than purchase them because you can't add notes to your map...

How pathetic can you get?
For those following along at home: http://www.gog.com/forum/eschalon_serie ... tes_on_map

I don't think he's saying he won't buy the games, just that he's on the fence and wants to see more before he buys. We all have our own fiddly preferences for how things work in games, but I don't think people deserve to be mocked for them. Clearly this is a younger guy who's used to some of the conveniences of modern games. I'm happy that he's even willing to entertain trying an old-school RPG.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Prismatic Maelstrom wrote: If only there was a demo he could try.
GOG doesn't advertise the fact that there's a free demo. Whether or not that's a good idea for them is an open question. So the user probably doesn't know about it. You could always post on the forum there and tell him.