Welcome!

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Thank you Onyx! Your honesty and support is most appreciated!
kwokkie
Initiate

Post by kwokkie »

Hi all,

I played a pirated copy of the game at first too, then realized that I spent a lot of time (read: too much) playing this game, and I haven't been much of a gamer for the past couple of years, so I bought it. Also, it actually is very playable on my aging Athlon 900, despite the stated system requirements.

I haven't finished book I yet, but I'm already looking forward for the next chapter and I probably won't be needing a demo or pirated version to convince me to buy :-).
Rubinstein
Initiate

Hi there and a Happy new Year!

Post by Rubinstein »

I've played the Linux Demo and was convinced very soon: looks like the game I was looking for so badly
and finally one in that light (torches) actually means something. I don't often pay for games, but for this
I've made an exeption, right now the full version download is finished.

Just a quick hello before moving over to the New Year's party...
Happy new year from an old roguelike player from germany here and
have FUN all together! :D
bkrueger
Apprentice

Post by bkrueger »

Saw Eschalon in the RPGWatch Polls for Indie of the year, tried the demo, loved it and bought it.

My background: Playing RPGs since the middle of the 90s, starting with Fallout, Might&magic, Baldurs gate, Gothic, NWN,...., many others, ..., till The Witcher today.

Eschalon is really a refreshing old-school experience.

Please go on with this series.

By the way: Is there a chance of developing remakes of old classics with this engine?

Happy new year for everyone!

:D
robertsv
Pledge

Re: Welcome!

Post by robertsv »

Hi!
Well it great to hear about more new games because I love to play more new games. By the way, the game is looking great and thanks for the Mac support. Even I want to download this game so anybody can help me that how much it gonna cost me?
=======================
robert
Used Apple Mac Laptops
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

robertsv wrote:Hi!
Well it great to hear about more new games because I love to play more new games. By the way, the game is looking great and thanks for the Mac support. Even I want to download this game so anybody can help me that how much it gonna cost me?
=======================
robert
Used Apple Mac Laptops

At the top of the page this post is in, you'll see "Eschalon: Book I". Click on it and it will take you to the page about it and a link to buy the game. If my memory is correct, it will be $29 to download or pay a bit extra and get the CD with extras, including the game in PC and Linux in case you want to put it that kind of computer later. Yah for Mac games! :)
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
realmzmaster
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by realmzmaster »

Alas, there are no more CDs. But you can still plunk down your money for the download!
History is written by the winners!
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Welcome Samurai Drakon. Have a mug of Dwarven Ripple on the house. :)

Discussion of games and stuff should go in other Role Playing Games area.

BW, maybe this should be made a sticky? Subject that is.???

-Dragonlady
Nevermore
Marshall

Post by Nevermore »

Hi guys!
I'm Alessio, a mac user and rpg fan from Italy!

Nice to meet you and Eschalon! :D
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Nevermore wrote:Hi guys!
I'm Alessio, a mac user and rpg fan from Italy!

Nice to meet you and Eschalon! :D

Woot! Mac user! :D And from Italy. Kewl.

Welcome, here have a bowl of Gnome Pretzels and a mug of Hair of the dog.....gone delicious ale. :lol:
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

MacUsers unite!

Welcome.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
AK_Marty
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by AK_Marty »

Greetings from the frozen north. I just noticed the welcome thread, so I should introduce myself. I'm Marty, living in Alaska, playing Eschalon Book 1 on a Dell XPS 400. I am really hooked on this game, spending around 60 hours on each character I've rolled up. I enjoy reading the forums and can't wait for Book 2 to be released, so I can fritter away countless more hours exploring a new game world. Now I must get back to my latest attempt at playing a "mostly" pure mage type guy.
Alaska Marty
"It looks a lot more like it does now than it used to!"
Nevermore
Marshall

Post by Nevermore »

Welcome!
Getharn
Marshall

Post by Getharn »

Hello everyone!

I've recently discovered Eschalon, after coming across it while trying to find RPGs for the iPhone. Well, that was how it started - it ended up being one of those endless link trawls which, on this occasion, yielded a little gem.

It's been great fun so far, and I'm impressed with the story-telling and immersive world, and that the ruleset is simple enough to get into quickly, yet complex enough to give character choices and replay value. I look forward to exploring the world beyond Tanglewood!

For what it's worth, I'm playing it on my new Mac Mini - it's nice to find such a fun game that actually runs without a pokey graphics card. All these 3D games are very pretty, but my housemates always complain every time the fan on my PC's graphics card (or "The Hoover", as I like to call it) gets going. Lack of background noise is probably the biggest reason why the Mac (bought only for iPhone app development, originally) has quickly become my standard desktop.

Ha, iPhone app development indeed... As if I'll have any time for learning Objective C and Cocoa Touch now I've found Eschalon! ;-)
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Welcome to Eschalon, and to Mac. :) Both provide long hours of joy.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.