Plug

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Plug

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

As the top-ranking member of these forums other than Basilisk Wrangler, I'm going to ask for a moment of personal privilege and recommend that the readers among you check out a new book coming in ten days from a good friend of mine. The author is Richard Dansky, lead writer for the Tom Clancy games, among a lot of other titles (and before that for Wraith: The Oblivion at White Wolf before he made the move from tabletop to computer games). The book is called VAPORWARE, and it's the story of what happens when a small studio's passion project gets axed by their parent company, but the game decides it doesn't want to go quietly. If you have a local independent bookseller you love, ask them to order the book for you. Or you can order it from any of the online book retailers as well.

End of plug. Back to being Kreador rather than my real-world self. :)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Mike Modified
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Re: Plug

Post by Mike Modified »

$13.03 on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Vaporware-Richard ... ard+Dansky

Any plans on a Kindle version?

Mike
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Mike Modified wrote:$13.03 on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Vaporware-Richard ... ard+Dansky

Any plans on a Kindle version?

Mike
It will be available on all ebook platforms. Not sure why the Kindle isn't up for preorder, but that's an issue for the publisher.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

:x Darn you for asking! Preordered on Amazon and then went on to buy a couple more books. sigh, my second favored addiction. (chocolate being first) :lol:
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:As the top-ranking member of these forums other than Basilisk Wrangler, I'm going to ask for a moment of personal privilege and recommend that the readers among you check out a new book coming in ten days from a good friend of mine. The author is Richard Dansky, lead writer for the Tom Clancy games, among a lot of other titles (and before that for Wraith: The Oblivion at White Wolf before he made the move from tabletop to computer games). The book is called VAPORWARE, and it's the story of what happens when a small studio's passion project gets axed by their parent company, but the game decides it doesn't want to go quietly. If you have a local independent bookseller you love, ask them to order the book for you. Or you can order it from any of the online book retailers as well.

End of plug. Back to being Kreador rather than my real-world self. :)
:) Update, just got email from Amazon, getting it earlier than expected:
We have good news! We're able to get this part of your order to you faster than we originally promised:

Dansky, Richard "Vaporware"
Previous estimated arrival date: May 29, 2013
New estimated arrival date: May 22, 2013
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Necromis
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Necromis »

congrats. Hope you enjoy the book. :)
The Quickest way to a man's heart is thru his back.