RIP Dragonlady

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
Porthos
Pledge

RIP Dragonlady

Post by Porthos »

This is Dragonlady's son, John.

I wanted to let you all know that my mother passed away overnight. You may or may not know that I've been helping take care of her the last few years (I think she's mentioned me in passing here). I don't know how much of her private life she talked about, but while she was fairly healthy overall (mobility issues aside), she did have a weak heart. And when she got a rather bad illness over the weekend, it proved to be to much for her body to take.

I am letting you all know about this, because I know she was an active member of the community here and that many people looked up to her here. I wanted you to know that she enjoyed her time here very much, and she was looking forward to Book 3. Hopefully she'll be able to play it, wherever she is.

Dragonlady's son,
John
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Re: RIP Dragonlady

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Oh my...I am without words. Dragonlady has been as much a part of Eschalon as any one of our developers. She has contributed to every game, including Book III, with her suggestions and creative input, as well as an occasional, small financial donation. We all can thank her for helping make Eschalon what it is.

This place will not be the same without her. And of course, I am terribly sorry for your loss, John. Our thoughts are with you and your family.
sad_dragon.png
sad_dragon.png (250.72 KiB) Viewed 13315 times
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

I'm so sorry for your loss, John. As wonderful a presence as she's been here all these years, it's nothing, I'm sure, compared to her meaning in your life. Thank you for letting us know.

Let's lift a round to Dragonlady, friends, and remember her well!
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
llew silverhand
Senior Council Member

Post by llew silverhand »

John, thank you for letting us know - Dragonlady was a wonderful person, and I think we'll all miss her. So sorry for your loss.
Llew Silverhand - Once and Future Gnome King
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

I'm sorry for your loss. Dragonlady was one of those people you never think will go away no matter how old or ill.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

I lost my own Mom just a couple of years ago, John, so I know what that's like.

I'm very sorry for your loss, and these forums just won't be the same without your Mom around. Still, we will treasure the time we had with her.

And thank you for taking the time to let us know.
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

Wow...just, wow.

I am very sorry for your loss john.

Words cannot describe how i feel about this.

Another lost friend we had yet to meet in person. Tis a sad day in Eschalon and across the world.

Will hoist a round in her honor.

She will be misssed.

--blatherbeard

:....(
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

Oh dear, this is just terrible news. She was such an integral part of this community - it truly will not be the same here without her. She was always encouraging the newbies and providing sound advice to the rest of us. She even posted cute Christmas cards for everyone to enjoy. She was obviously a person with a warm heart, and I am so sorry for your loss.

We will all miss her so much.
Porthos
Pledge

Post by Porthos »

Thanks one and all for your very kind regards. They mean a lot right now.

I know that she would be happy, and nearly embarrassed (but still very glad), at the outpouring of affection she is recieving. All I can say is that she loved being on here chatting with you all.

Best regards,
John
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

We're sorry for your loss John, but thank you for lettting us know.

I think I can safely speak for everyone when I say: She will be missed, and was always a great help and influence.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Terribly sad news. I wish you and your family a meaningful grieving process. She spoke of her poor health on the board occasionally, but I always hoped she was exaggerating.
Desmone
Initiate

Post by Desmone »

:cry: :cry: :cry: +1
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

A few thoughts about Dragonlady: Her name was Diane, for those who didn't know. She joined the forums before the release of Book I and was here almost everyday, helping others and contributing in whatever way she could.

She would send me Christmas cards every year. Real, handmade cards, in the mail. It was always so nice to receive them in this age of electronic messaging.

She beta tested each game and was going to be at the top of the Book III beta tester group. She contributed creatively to each game and has a large contribution to Book III, which will all be revealed in time.

So rare it is to have a customer...a fan...a friend, like Diane. I will miss her.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

So sorry for you loss, John.

Dragonlady (Diane) was very kind and encouraging to me when BW let me post about my own indie games in this forum. She was obviously a warm and caring person, I shall miss her too. It won't be the same without her.
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
ManusDei
Council Member

Post by ManusDei »

Dragonlady was part of the forum, for as long as I've been here.
She'll be even missed on the World Wide Web.