Crazy is as Crazy does...

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Crazy is as Crazy does...

Post by CrazyBernie »

What has CB been up to, you might ask??

Well the past couple of years I've been hot and heavy on the travelling contract IT professional bandwagon. I travel around the country to Hospitals and deploy computers, software, printers, scanners, and some miscellaneous hospital equipment. I travel either on Sunday evening or Monday morning, and return home either Thursday evening or sometime Friday. When I'm not working 80-100 hour weeks, my usual schedule is ~44 hours... but even those weeks are draining with the travel.

Needless to say, my writing has stagnated. When getting back to the hotel, the last thing I want to do is make my brain work hard. These last three years have been quite a roller coaster... from being unemployed and uninterested in a relationship to having a beautiful woman, a 19 month-old son, a bratty 14 year-old girl, three dogs, and a job that keeps me away from that family for all but 1-2 days a week.

We are currently looking into daycare for my son... which will directly lead to an additional income in the household... :wink: Hopefully then I'll be able to start looking for local work. Being the sole breadwinner right now makes it tough... travelling pays 30-40% more than something stationary. Ideally I'd like to go back to school... but we'll have to wait and see how things pan out!

Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Crazy is as Crazy does...

Post by Vroqren »

Thanks for checking in! I only barely remember when you had the free time to be an active member of the forums, but I remember your help being greatly appreciated.

Good luck with your family and job. You deserve a break once in a while.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

Welcome back. The economy is improving unless you are looking for a full time high paying job.

Don't worry, you son and dogs can pick up the slack in your writing. According to the Wall Street Journal there are now classes to teach dogs how to use iPads. One woman has to fight with her cats to get to use her iPad. :)

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... =iPad+dogs
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

Damn... talk about too much time on your hands... =P

So I was perusing my Google Drive, when I came across a piece of fan fiction that I never finished up. I think I might find some time to button it down, polish it up, and present it to the community. It takes place between Book I and II, but based on the current topic of conversations taking place, it'll have perfect timing... if I can get it out soon enough. 0_o
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

CB - your little guy is just incredibly cute! I know you wish you could spend more time at home with him. Hopefully things will slow down and you can start having some fun again - not to mention having the time to spend on some wonderful fan fiction.