What the hell happened?

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
Puhuk
Pledge

Re: What the hell happened?

Post by Puhuk »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:One action we are taking to mitigate this damage is we are dropping the price of Book 3 to $14.99 this week
Any news on this one? I couldn't see a price drop at all.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Prismatic Maelstrom wrote:
BasiliskWrangler wrote:We can promise that the money gathered from donations will go directly towards the production of our next game. We will even try to let you know when we spend money from the donation account and what we bought with it.
Have people been generous with their donations since the launch of the donate button? Are you close to reaching a goal?
Mmmm...not so much. We have had $185 worth of donations since we put that up. That's not too bad- we'll be able to purchase a custom music track or some 3D models when we reach that point.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Prismatic Maelstrom wrote:Can we expect any news on the sci-fi RPG or adventure game this year?
I'm not sure. I'm sure at some point I'll make a big "what we've been up to" post, but for now I can tell you that we're busy and we're in the "most creative time" in Basilisk Games history. Without the constraints of a release date or even an announced game, we're spending a lot of time experimenting, inventing, and developing. This is important because we've switched to a new development platform, new graphics production software, and we're looking into adding VR and mobile platforms- all these changes means we have to approach development of the next game differently than with Eschalon.

We're having a lot of fun experimenting and idea collecting while we're prototyping the framework for our next game. But to answer your question- we will announce this next game when we feel we have substantial content to show off...maybe later this year, maybe next.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

alvinru wrote:
BasiliskWrangler wrote:
Prismatic Maelstrom wrote:Can we expect any news on the sci-fi RPG or adventure game this year?
This is important because we've switched to a new development platform, new graphics production software, and we're looking into adding VR and mobile platforms ...
I'm an aspiring game developer (I've got lots of experience writing apps, but have never built a game). I've been following the development of the Eschalon series for quite a while. I'd really appreciate it if you could share what development platform you have decided on. Is it Unity?

Thanks!
We've dabbled in both Unity and Unreal Engine, and I would recommend playing with both before choosing one because each has important strengths and weaknesses. We're probably leaning more towards Unity because it best fits our needs right now, but that may change in the future. As for graphics development, we dumped 3DS due to costly annual upgrades (and lack of Linux support) and are now working with Blender.
Taidef1972
Pledge

Post by Taidef1972 »

Puhuk wrote:
BasiliskWrangler wrote:One action we are taking to mitigate this damage is we are dropping the price of Book 3 to $14.99 this week
Any news on this one? I couldn't see a price drop at all.
As far as i think i am not seeing any kind of price drop in near future.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Prismatic Maelstrom wrote:
BasiliskWrangler wrote:I have found someone locally who knows both Unity and BlitzMax, who has spare time, and is considering an attempt to port of the Eschalon engine to Unity.
Any updates on this please?
Sorry, that didn't go anywhere. I overestimated their ability and desire to help.