Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
noname
Marshall

Post by noname »

What does it mean on the log in screen where it says " check here if you want to be logged in automatically every time you visit" It doesn't seem to do anything. I 've always wondered. Thanks
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: log in auto

Post by Randomizer »

It's supposed to reduce the number of times you log in with your password.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

It has always worked for me. It just keeps you logged in so that if you close the page an come back it's in your cookies, and you don't have to retype all your login info.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
noname
Marshall

Post by noname »

Randomizer wrote:It's supposed to reduce the number of times you log in with your password.
I guess that must be it because I only have to put in my username and never the password. The password must be the automatic part. Originally I thought that I would not have to log in at all because I have been on websites in the past where that was the case, everythng was automatic. Thanks for the info.
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

That's more likely your browser saving details, if cookies were working properly you wouldn't even see the login box.
My modifications for Eschalon Book I: RaverDave's Book I Mod
My modifications for Eschalon Book II: Port Kuudad Tower - Now Open, Treasure Of The Orakur

All previous versions avaliable here