Outbox / Sent message

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
Calathon
Marshall

Outbox / Sent message

Post by Calathon »

I am not sure if I made a mistake, but I am pretty sure I clicked on "submit" when I finished my private message and wanted it to be delivered. Anyways, the message I want to be sent still lingers in the "Outbox" folder and it does not seem to make any efforts to travel to the "Sent" folder, which is the reason I am not sure if the recipient got my message. :?:
Am I wrong if I assume that the "Sent" folder says that a message has been sent while the "Outbox" folder contains the messages that still are to be sent? At least that is what the corresponding folders of my email program indicate.

EDIT: Well, it seems it just takes some time to get the mail delivered and I got a reply, so: question solved! :-)
"It is early morning, quiet and peaceful."
Arkos
Council Member

Re: Outbox / Sent message

Post by Arkos »

This is the case of all phpBB forums, as far as I know: When you send a PM to someone, it remains in your Outbox until the recipient reads it. Once the recipient reads your PM, it is then transferred to your Sent box.