Does anyone want to start a MOD topic?

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Does anyone want to start a MOD topic?

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

It looks like we have a fair number of mods now available for Book 1, 2 and 3. Does anyone want to take the time to make a Mod thread with links to all the available mods and an FAQ on how to use them?

I could then promote the page and bring back fans who might not know that these mods exist.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Travet46
Initiate

Re: Does anyone want to start a MOD topic?

Post by Travet46 »

I hope someone will take the lead in this. I have several small mods that I have put on the shelf due to the inactivity in the forum.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Prismatic Maelstrom wrote:...out of my way for a company that treats their customers with disrespect. I paid my debt months ago.
<sigh> :roll:

Basilisk Games is a business. We need money to function. If there is no money, then there is no "next game".

I am sorry we have been unable to follow through with our expansion plans. You'll say "if you release better tools, we'll make mods and that will attract new customers!" but that would be an all-in gamble for us. If additional revenue didn't come in, we'd be finished. There are few businesses that would take that risk.

A better, safer solution is the plan we are following: work with an investor who will finance us for a couple years, allow us to expand our development team and tech, and move forward with our next game. Eschalon is ours, and we can always revisit the franchise in the future.

Your words are hurtful and unsupportive. It's as though the past 7 years and 3 games mean nothing to you because we can't give you what you want right now.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
mbrowne
Steward

Post by mbrowne »

FWIW, my take on a Basilisk-created modding application was pretty much that it would have required more work and resources than would make it practical. Games like Elder Scrolls have great modding tools because those tools were actually used to build the game. The coders created the construction set and the builders built the game. For Eschalon, which was written in a high level language, the equivalent would be modders having the Blitz package installed. Short of that, it would mean Basilisk would have to recreate the capabilities, a subset, of what comes with the Blitz package.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

I know this topic's a little bit out-of-date, but I would gladly do this. I'll do the best job that I can, we'll see how it actually turns out though. I won't have time to start immediately, but hopefully here a little and there a little I can get this going pretty soon.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests