What is Basilisk Games doing next ?

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
tiresius
Fellowcraft Apprentice

What is Basilisk Games doing next ?

Post by tiresius »

I know Basilisk likes to make official announcements after things are a done-deal but it would be appreciated if there was hint of what direction Basilisk is taking since Eschalon III is out. What's next on the books?

I remember rumor of a sci-fi party-based rpg engine that was half-developed but that was a long time ago. Any official information or informed opinions would be appreciated.
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: What is Basilisk Games doing next ?

Post by Painted Lady »

I don't think Thomas has said enough for there to be a truly informed opinion from the fan base. However, there is hope that he is making enough money off of Book III to fund another game. He indicated about the time the last book came out that he wouldn't be spending much time on the forum because he wanted to pivot immediately to the next game. So----probably he is working on a new game. If not, he has yet to share that info with this group. Our fingers are crossed :?
spywolf
Pledge

Post by spywolf »

Thomas has my deepest respects for these three wonderful games he and his team have created. Not to mention the glorious soundtrack composed by Borislav Slavov and Victor Stoyanov. I'm currently still going through my first playthrough of Eschalon: Book 3, and taking an immense amount of pleasure in it (My only disappointment with the series is that it has come to an end... which will be quickly remedied by me making a brand new character and doing it all over again!). Whatever Mr. Riegsecker puts his hand to, I'll be waiting with my wallet ready. :)
Ssschah
Council Member

Post by Ssschah »

Prismatic Maelstrom wrote:When Thomas Riegsecker leaves the gaming industry after a few more games he should give some serious thought into becoming a politician.
Soon enough he'll become the Frank Underwood of our time...
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

Well, the plot thickens. If anybody noticed, Thomas had a post on Saturday (10/11/2014) in the Book III section of the forum saying that things are changing for Basilisk Games. Sounds to me like he is being bought out or is merging with another studio. Hopefully the news is something that will allow him to keep making great games :?