Thank you all

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Thank you all

Post by Vroqren »

I just wanted to express gratitude here. I've been working on a few projects that are quite frankly out of my realm of understanding. As I make new accounts on forum after forum, looking for help, reading pages and pages of rules, I am constantly reminded of how much I wish I could just work with this community exclusively.
  • You guys tell it how it is - there's never a "Well, have you tried searching google for the answer?" - because it's generally accepted here that no one is an idiot, and that of course they've already tried to find answers to their problems. The answers given here aren't ambiguous or esoteric. Usually they come in step-by-step instructions on how to fix each problem.
  • You guys are always on the ball - I have probably never waited longer than 24 hours to get a working solution to any problem that I have, and it's usually much less than that even. Most of the other forums I've been working in, my post will get two useless replies before getting lost in the sea of other people's problems (which I admit are important) without ever being answered.
  • There are no completely irrelevant rules. Remember how forums are to try and help people fix their problems? So, say I need to use a slightly outdated version of a program, but one that still functions fine. Unfortunately, the forum dedicated entirely to support for this application has a rule that you can't post anything asking for help with anything but the most recent version. I mean... what?
  • There's never a demeaning comment here. Everyone's been in the place of asking for help, no one wants to be told their an idiot for not already knowing whatever it is they're trying to work out. You know - the thing that they literally just asked for help on because they didn't know.
So thank you all - this is a great community, and I'm glad to be a part of it. If anyone else has rants about other sections of the internet, feel free to post them here!

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: Thank you all

Post by SpottedShroom »

There's never a demeaning comment here.
Shows what you know, jerk. :)
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Why is the literally the only part of the entire message anyone seems to have read? It's certainly the only part I got a response to (notably more than 24 hours after the post)...
It seems everyone wants to contradict me. Other than that though, you guys are great. :D

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Vroqren wrote:Why is the literally the only part of the entire message anyone seems to have read? It's certainly the only part I got a response to (notably more than 24 hours after the post)...
It seems everyone wants to contradict me. Other than that though, you guys are great. :D
We're curmudgeons. It's our nature. ;-) And you're welcome, though I'm not particularly one of the people who's very helpful about game design.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.