[Spoiler Question] Stuck late in game

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
wineguy
Initiate

[Spoiler Question] Stuck late in game

Post by wineguy »

I am on the first level of the Goblin Citadel. Every portcullis to the center is closed with the exception of the one that kills you. All of the creatures are dead, so there is no one to lure into the one portcullis (if that is somehow related to defeating it).

Am I missing something? Ok, obviously I am missing something, but I sure have gone around and around looking for either an apparent solution or a hidden one.

I have not opened the chest with the code, I have no idea what the combo is. Is this related to the solution?
Iane
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Iane »

If you can see a switch on the other side try hitting it with magic or an arrow - do you have a screen shot of where you are
wineguy
Initiate

I swear it wasn't there...

Post by wineguy »

It only appeared after posting this silly cry for help, honest! :D
alpha
Steward

Post by alpha »

That lever thing isn't even funny :( Like, go figure out...
Incinerator Fuel = Pure Ownage xD
Feidb
Apprentice

Post by Feidb »

The code to the chest you should have got from a friendly goblin in the hive cave. If not, it's 66.
GSV3MiaC
Senior Council Member

Post by GSV3MiaC »

Actually you've had two clues (or should have) .. there is a door in the Ossuary you can only open by moving a remote switch with an arrow or whatever, and there is another door in the Goblin area that'll kill you unless you disarm the switch first (but for that one you can actually reach the switch).

It is a bit of a mean trick, because it'll probably kill everyone at least once, so I hope you weren't playing 'iron man, no reloads', but once you know it's a problem the solution isn't really very obscure.