A Small Update...

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Re: A Small Update...

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

No promises. No timelines. I'm really happy with the preliminary design, and I think this next game is going to be a really unique and refreshingly different brand of role-playing.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
tiresius
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by tiresius »

Please have a more open dev environment this time so your fanbase and interest will grow and grow. We don't need AAA quality screenshots of all the engine features. Just give some info on the type of game other than "scifi rpg". Is it isometric, first-person gridbased, will it have a party or be single player, etc. etc. ?

Will it be Buck Rogers: Matrix Super Cubed ?
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

I will do my best, but I know too well the dangers of saying one thing and then having to "eat my words" later on.

The only thing I will say is that it is being designed as a party-based game with a first-person perspective. But, even the camera position is not set in stone; the second technology test I made played just fine in Iso mode too. It's just too early to even confirm where the player camera will be positioned!
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

I'm less concerned about camera position and more about real time vs. turn based. I don't suppose you've come to any decisions on that front?
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

TB
quasimodo
Marshall

Post by quasimodo »

This is good. As long as you keep making TB games I will keep buying them.
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

I am soooo very happy that the next game will be Turn Based!
Arkos
Council Member

Post by Arkos »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:The only thing I will say is that it is being designed as a party-based game with a first-person perspective.
So like Eye of the Beholder then? Sweet!
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

Lewis the… Fighter?

Lewis woke up with a start, and almost fell on his face. Ugh, must’ve fell asleep standing up. Whoa… talk about deja vu… and what’s the deal with this place? Looking around, he found himself standing in what was left of a bedroom. The stone walls were crumbling, and there was grass growing all over the “floor.” A large bloodstain adorned the floor nearby, prompting him to examine himself for wounds. Wait, that blood isn’t fresh, and why the hell don’t I know where I am… or who I am?

“Lewis, my name is Lewis.” The words came out as if on their own accord. At least that part is out of the way. He turned toward a wooden chest banded with rusty iron. Maybe there’s some goodies in here that will help jog my memory. I feel like treasure is my friend! After fiddling with the latch, the hinges groaned in distress as he muscled the lid open.

That’s it? The chest contained a small iron dagger and a sealed note. He picked up the dagger, examined it briefly, then tossed it over his shoulder. It flew over what was left of the wall opposite the bed and landed in the tall grass. Useless. He broke the seal and opened the note.

*rustle* *rustle*

The hell? Lewis spun around. The noise came from outside, where the dagger landed. A large, clawed hand appeared on the wall, followed by a large, reptilian head. A forked tongue tested the air, and then it locked eyes on Lewis. It became excited and quickly crawled over the wall. The lizard was about the size of a panther and moved like a snake despite having four limbs. A mouthful of razor-like teeth smiled as though greeting an old friend.

This is not going to be my day. Can I get a reload? The lizard made a lunge for Lewis.

Lewis woke up with a start, and fell off his bunk onto the steel plated floor. “Ouch!”

As Lewis picked himself up, the door to his quarters slid open. Lilith poked her head in. “You all right? Did you have a nightmare of me whipping your hide in the simulator again?” A wicked grin formed on her face.

“Ha ha, very funny. One lucky shot and you’re suddenly the combat instructor,” Lewis shot back, rubbing his chin. Damn, that was so real… He shook his head, as though to clear the cobwebs that still clung to the edges of his perception.

“Well the rest of the team is back from a salvage run, it sounds like they found some sweet tech. I’m gonna check it out. Let me know if you want a rematch.” The door slid shut. Lewis grabbed his lazpistol holster and strapped it on. On habit he pulled out the lazpistol and checked the energy level.

*rustle* *rustle*

Lewis spun around, leveling his gun for a shot. A small gecko slid out from under his pillow and dashed into the ventilation grille.

After a moment Lewis sighed in relief and holstered the gun. It’s going to be one of those days.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Suddenly, a wild ghost appears!
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

:) Happy to see you, Crazy Bernie!
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

Come now, the Wrath of Prismatic Maelstrom isn't a great example? :mrgreen:

I may have been absent for quite some time, but I have also done some occasional lurking. Seems like you have quite the hate boner for BW these days... isn't time to pull back a little?

Here, I made you a post-it:
relax.jpg
relax.jpg (35.42 KiB) Viewed 20536 times
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Prismatic Maelstrom wrote:
BasiliskWrangler wrote:...but I know too well the dangers of saying one thing and then having to "eat my words" later on.
I've been thinking about this post for awhile now and would appreciate an example please. When have you had to eat humble pie before?
Uh...I dunno...how about when I promised Modding Tools but then couldn't deliver because the code base was too inflexible to allow for any real customization?
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Off topic, PM. Glad to have you back CB. More info soon, everyone else!