Prismatic Maelstrom Banned

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Prismatic Maelstrom Banned

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

In an effort to be transparent, I am notifying everyone that I have permanently banned Prismatic Maelstrom.

I don't take banning lightly. I have tried, and tried, and tired to make peace with PM. I believe he is a good guy and I appreciate his support over the years, but I can no longer accept his disruptive behavior.

I deleted a topic in the Book III forum where he was repeatedly criticizing one of the game's bullet points about "Dev Tools will be available to mod the game". He was correct, and we changed these bullet points. However, his abusive communication style, his disruptive behavior, and the cumulative complaints from over 30 other members over 5 years prompted me to finally ban him.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
The One
Banned Outcast

Re: Prismatic Maelstrom Banned

Post by The One »

You are not being honest with your audience. You banned me because I openly called you a fraud and you have deleted the topic that proves this to cover your back. It took you more than a year to stop misleading potential customers and you should be ashamed of yourself.

I know you will now delete this post. The truth is a bitter poison, no? And to think I use to respect you.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

And now The One has been banned.

Yes, you are absolutely correct: you uncovered my master plan to deceive everyone and take all their money by saying mod tools would be available, but were never released due to technical challenges. Damn you! I would have gotten away with this fraud if you hadn't reported my behavior.

[edit] And I deleted that topic because it was a clusterf#ck of pointless comments that added nothing to the forum.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Always appreciated PM's passion for the games, but yes, this had to happen. Sadly.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Leezar
Marshall

Post by Leezar »

A word, once spoken, becomes a mans law.
Even if spoken in a weak moment, out of ignorance or as a jest.

Even if circumstance change, or the size of the task was underestimated, or something more important demands your full attention (or you simply lose interest).

Everyone knows this! There is not a single man on earth that would forgive you, ever, if you in any way, shape or form, changed your initial intention, even if ever so slightly!

I mean, just look at say, Alexander the Great. Now, he didnt give up his masterplan of world conquest just because India kicked his arse.

Oh shit, wait...
Roughly at the same time I penetrate your betrothed, you will be penetrated by this sharpened pole
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

It's too bad PM's passion for Basilisk Games went so far. He pretty much took the fun out of checking the forums for me. Just because you disagree with someone doesn't mean it's okay to abuse them.
Arkos
Council Member

Post by Arkos »

Sometimes you just have to ask yourself, "Is this really the hill I'm willing to die on?" I suspect PM never asked himself that question.

Anyway, I think anyone who has spent time in these forums understands your decision BW. I'd probably do the same thing in your shoes.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

I had hoped that it wouldn't come to this - when I first joined the forums 4 years ago he was super helpful and had genuinely intriguing comments (amid several small pranks). He just slowly got less and less tolerable, to the point that I too felt I wasn't gaining anything from these forums. I had hopes that he would return to his former self, but I think you made the right call BW.
Let's hope this doesn't have to happen again...

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
KillingMoon
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by KillingMoon »

Can we bring Jedi Learner back? :roll:

Yeah, JL/PM was a great forum member, but frustration seemed to get hold of him more and more. He could make valid points, but if you add so much acid when bringing them forward as he did on occasion it can become rather exhausting.
BasiliskWrangler was mostly the victim of PM's posts, I believe I may may have had less patience if I had been in BW's shoes.
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

definitely unfortunate but he brought this upon himself. Especially after his last comments and actions.

Sad to see someone turn into such a hostile person, over, quite frankly, some trivial things. (he had SOME good points, but other things he was just bonkers on)

Cant see im sad to see him go overall though.

He was poisonous to the community.
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.
Parasolsyndicate
Initiate

Post by Parasolsyndicate »

As others have said, this was absolutely the right action. I for one appreciate the transparency.

As I see it, criticism of the games is legitimate. But, criticism of the people who made, or enjoyed them is definitely not.
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

A strange reason for a thread.

While I agree that repeated hostility can be grounds for banning, I, too, am still a bit miffed that you canceled the dev tools.
Travet46
Initiate

Post by Travet46 »

This forum is a very, very dull place since PM was banned. I cannot condone some of his rants but I do understand his frustration.
I still believe some information could have been made public which would have allowed others to make even limited tools for making mods.
It is sad that this whole episode has greatly damaged the Baslisk Games brand.
Bring back PM!
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

The forums are boring because it's been so long since any games were released and there aren't a lot of new players.

The problem with modding for Book III wasn't related to lack of information. It was that the engine itself needed changes that BW couldn't justify making given that they weren't likely to lead to much revenue.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

Spiderweb Software had similar problems when they made Blades of Avernum that allowed world building. The sales weren't there compared to regular game sales.

A free add on is harder to justify when putting the energy to another game will bring in more revenue.