RPGWatch

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

RPGWatch

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

I'm sure most people who stop by here already have heard the news of the formation of RPGWatch.

It's a new website staffed entirely by the folks who used to operate RPGDot. These guys have shown us tons of love over the past 10 months- they've given us a lot of positive coverage, a great interview, and they are always quick to report on our updates.

The new site looks awesome. If you're not familiar with them, stop by and check out the site.
dteowner

Post by dteowner »

I'm sure they (kinda "we") appreciate the recommendation. I fully expect that Corwin and I will point out any updates if the RPGWatch newshounds don't notice it first.

New sites always take a little getting-used-to, but I think most readers will be pleased.
Rollor
Marshall

Post by Rollor »

I looks ok. But why not use rpgdot? It a nice site:/
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Certainly- I hope RPGDot continues with the same level of quality.

Apparently there was some sort of "falling out" between the company that owns the website and the editors who ran the website. Nearly all of the editors left and started their own site (RPGWatch).

These editors who now own and run RPGWatch are the ones who have been so great to us in the past. Basilisk Games would probably still be largely unheard of if it wasn't for them meddling kids posting our screenshots and reporting on our updates.
dteowner

Post by dteowner »

Based on Jolt's past "responsiveness", I wouldn't bet on the Dot doing all that great now that the entire staff has moved on. More power to them, though--a provider that big has to be doing something right.

You've got an admin, a news editor, and a pissant former Dot moderator watching the game closely so I think it's safe to say any updates here will make it to RPGWatch within 24 hours. :wink:
Gothmog
Marshall

Post by Gothmog »

The new site looks great. I think "RGPWatch" is in good hands :)
"FUL IR"