registration key error?

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book II
Antverpia
Initiate

registration key error?

Post by Antverpia »

Hi, I just ordered my game after playing the demo. Payment went fine, received an email with registration number.

when I try to enter the code it says: ERROR?!. Now what's up with that??

please advice! :evil:
iamrichard
Steward

Re: registration key error?

Post by iamrichard »

Antverpia wrote:Hi, I just ordered my game after playing the demo. Payment went fine, received an email with registration number.

when I try to enter the code it says: ERROR?!. Now what's up with that??

please advice! :evil:
you sure you typed it right as in : 1 is not i and 0 is not o or O etc....
The grass is greener at my neighbour.
Antverpia
Initiate

Post by Antverpia »

appearantly there's some kind of lag on the code verification.

Just now i've typed in exactly the same code as 5 times before and it got verified.

so problem solved.

And no, I made no mistake the first times
PhilosophiX
Marshall

Post by PhilosophiX »

I experienced this as well. I accidentally pressed the 'input code' button when the field was blank and after that it wouldn't accept the code (kept saying it was incorrect) even though I knew it was right. When I restarted eschalon and input the code it worked fine.
What is a man, If his chief good and market of his time Be but to sleep and feed? a beast, no more. Sure, he that made us with such large discourse, Looking before and after, gave us not that capability and god-like reason to fust in us unused.
iamrichard
Steward

Post by iamrichard »

Antverpia wrote:appearantly there's some kind of lag on the code verification.

Just now i've typed in exactly the same code as 5 times before and it got verified.

so problem solved.

And no, I made no mistake the first times
I now know what you mean. At the opening my code is wrong. in game however the code works.
The grass is greener at my neighbour.
Edrïn
Apprentice

Post by Edrïn »

Amusing : I made the very same bug in a Pin code verification routine, once, a day I was realy to much tired to code anything right :lol: ... It had been modified in a hurry, and it went to some five thousands customer the day after that... Except that it locked the access card right, sending three time the first erroneous entry, ignoring the ones typed after it. An administrator's nightmare !
Maybe this little part of Eschalon was coded on the last day, in such a hurry ?..
AK_Marty
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by AK_Marty »

You guys are going to love this. I bought two DVD copies, so I can send one to my brother. I tried entering BOTH registration codes, one after the other, and got the error message. Then it dawned on me that there would be one code for each game purchased, entered 'half' the code I was using and presto!! Book II works fine now.
Alaska Marty
"It looks a lot more like it does now than it used to!"
MaT
Initiate

Post by MaT »

Try to enter the code with CAPS LOCK on (or with holding the shift key when you will be entering letters). The code will appear same, but they don't. It looks like there is a font, that only can display uppercase letters, but when I entered the code as lower case, it did not work...