Bug and Error compendium

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book II
Henryu
Initiate

Re: Bug and Error compendium

Post by Henryu »

When you level during a fight and proceed to the character editor, while still in a fight, the music overlaps back on the regular screen. So, you hear the traveling music and the battle music playing at the same time. It fixes itself after the battle's over, though.
Buckets
Council Member

Post by Buckets »

Edrïn wrote:I've just got another one, but difficult to reproduce : I was battling (with a sword) with two dark molds when the one I was not hiting stopped to fire. After I killed the other one, I was not able to attack it.
There were trees all around us, so it looked like the program thought there was no line of sight. Except that the mold stopped firing without me or it having moved since the last shot. After that, I moved closer, but I could not attack it, even from an adjacent square. I did not check it, but I think I had no message like "target is obscured" or whatever when trying to attack it. The mouse cursor changed to the attack when overing the mold and the usual trees' transparency thing worked, though.
I noticed there was a outlander near this skirmish, over the river, that could not reach us. Perhaps it was linked to that bug ?
After some tries, I got near the river, I could not see the outlander any more, (no way to cross the river, anyway). Then the mold went back to life and attacked like nothing had happened. I had no crash or anything after that.
I've had this same issue happen to me. In my case, the black mold that could not be attacked was out in the open, not near any trees. It just stopped attacking and I couldn't attack it. After about 5 turns, it started up again like nothing had happened.
Buckets
Council Member

Post by Buckets »

I posted this in another thread but I think it may get lost there, so here it is again.
I got an exception_access_violation error message and my game crashed as I died from poisoning. I heard the scream from dying but I never got to the screen that said I was dead. Instead the game hung with this error message. I was playing in fullscreen mode and I had just exited the caves. Unfortunately I overwrote the save game but if it happens again, I'll submit it.
RezoApio
Marshall

Post by RezoApio »

about the double s, i have mentioned previously it is a generic routine because i have seen it for another stack of books. Should be easy to confirm with any stack of item whose name already finishes by s.
Gardez suffisament d'humour pour ne pas perdre l'esprit au nom de la raison.
Ama la realidad que construyes y ni aun la muerte detendra tu paso.
Edrïn
Apprentice

Post by Edrïn »

CrazyBernie wrote: The idea with fast travelling is that you're taking the shortest, fastest route to reach your destination... with little or no rest. You still need to eat/drink to keep your energy levels up, but you don't have down time to heal or regen mana.
Well, I'm not sure if this 'problem' was intended or not, but your explanation sounds wrong to me.... When I travel the old way, I don't stop either, but I regenerate anyway. You even regenerate in combat, but you would not when fast travelling?..
The way I see it, fast travel is fast only for the player, not for his character. And for the player, it's simply a shortcut to avoid something most people find (I think) boring. To the character, it should be exactly the same as the usual way to travel.
Anyway, that is not realy that important !
Buckets
Council Member

Post by Buckets »

Weight calculations for encumbrance and the water skin are off after casting "draw water" repeatedly. To reproduce:
1. cast spell with water skin not full; note encumbrance and water skin weight do NOT increase (I'm using L1 draw water spell)
2. repeat above noting each time that encumbrance and water skin weights do not increase
3. drink from water skin; encumbrance and water skin weights jump UP to what they should have been if calculated correctly after casting spell

I noticed this when I went to take a drink in order to decrease my encumbrance and the value went UP!
Henryu
Initiate

Post by Henryu »

Found a clickable bookshelf in the scholar's inn, in Port Kuudad. When clicked, it says: You see a sconce.
Edrïn
Apprentice

Post by Edrïn »

I killed a dragonfly flying over water. And I got a blood stain over water...
Not realy a bug, but that's quite weird !
It happened over the "great lake" or something, in the center of which there are two of them.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Edrïn wrote:I killed a dragonfly flying over water. And I got a blood stain over water...
Not realy a bug, but that's quite weird !
It happened over the "great lake" or something, in the center of which there are two of them.
There were a number of these in the beta test, finding all of them was not possible. Take a screen shot and send it in or (at least on my Mac) hold the 'Tab' key down and a grid should show up with co-ordinates where the arrow pointer is. Move the pointer to the blood splot and write down the coordinates and post them so BW can check it out.
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Henryu
Initiate

Post by Henryu »

Casting cat's eyes nullifies hidden in the shadows, unless you don't move from the spot you're hiding in.
Henryu
Initiate

Post by Henryu »

There's a slight graphical glitch with Sonya when she's facing east, west, north-east and north-west. You can see a small vertical or horizontal line blink in and out, depending on which way she's facing. Circled it in red.
Attachments
Sonya.jpg
Sonya.jpg (192.5 KiB) Viewed 8758 times
PhilosophiX
Marshall

Post by PhilosophiX »

[spoiler?]
After killing the Lycanthrope on the lycanthrope quest, in the second after I've given the wolfpelt to the wolfhunter (and picked up the gold and experience) I kill the wolfhunter, but the pelt is mysteriously gone. Where did the wolfhunter hide the wolfpelt? It would be nice to be able to pick up the experience, the gold, and then kill the bugger and get the hide back.

I want a souveneer to show my grandkids, haha
What is a man, If his chief good and market of his time Be but to sleep and feed? a beast, no more. Sure, he that made us with such large discourse, Looking before and after, gave us not that capability and god-like reason to fust in us unused.
Meta
Pledge

Post by Meta »

[spoiler?]
I'm blocked in the Taurax boss Ghorr's room, after killing it, because I forgot to bring the Viewing Glass with me. Luckily I kept a save before I entered this damn floor.
Edrïn
Apprentice

Post by Edrïn »

It seems that, when you have the repair skill, and that all you wear or is in your inventory is in perfect state, if you have a lantern that is not completely empty, resting refills it. If you can't reproduce it, I keep a save where the bug appears every time. Just say me where to send it.
I had that bug several times, but each time, I thought I just dreamed of it. But this time I've developped my repair skill to 8, it is a lot more visible.

I just found that dwarven spirits can be poisoned. Not a real bug, but I suppose they are supposed to be immune to poison...
Edrïn
Apprentice

Post by Edrïn »

It seems that lantern can also take damage from traps (at least the thieve's surprise trap), that empty them. When a lantern is emptied by a trap, it is destroyed...