Game Manual/Guide??

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book II
rpkesterson
Pledge

Game Manual/Guide??

Post by rpkesterson »

Is there a downloadable manual for book 2? I would be interested in what some of the new spells do. Like Toxic Element. I bought it and when I right click it, nothing happens at all. I'm assuming this is a 2nd tier spell and I don't qualify for it in some way.
Lhoric
Senior Steward

Re: Game Manual/Guide??

Post by Lhoric »

There is a manual that comes with the download, but 1- it doesn't contain spell descriptions, and 2- you may not see it if you install the desktop shortcut.

You need to right-click on the spell *before* you purchase it for a detailed description. And if you are looking for the game manual, right-click on the desktop shortcut and select 'open file location' (Windows 7)

Hope that helps.

-->> Lhoric
rpkesterson
Pledge

Post by rpkesterson »

Thanks Lhoric. That really helped. And, for anyone else reading, right clicking the shortcut works on Vista as well.

Thanks again.
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Saxon1974 »

I was personally hoping for a little bit more from the manual....world lore, bestiary etc.....but oh well I realize its more important to get a good quality game released.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Saxon1974 wrote:I was personally hoping for a little bit more from the manual....world lore, bestiary etc.....but oh well I realize its more important to get a good quality game released.
BW said he'd make the Book II Manual available for (free) download after he got the WIN version out.

I hope BW's able to do that in the next week or so because, as a Mac person, I wouldn't mind taking a week to go over the Manual with a 'fine-tooth comb' while waiting for the Mac version to be released! ;)