A word on version 1.03 of the game

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book II
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

A word on version 1.03 of the game

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

I am going to get version 1.03 beta prepped and put online hopefully in the next day or two. There are just a few fixes in it as of right now, but there is one important thing to note:

Version 1.03 uses a new save-game format. It will load your old games just fine, but once you save a game in 1.03, you'll need 1.03 or later to load that game. You can't save a game under 1.03 and then load it up with 1.02.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads-up about this. Once you start playing 1.03, you'll need to stay with it. I can't see why this would be a problem for anyone, but I felt a notification was necessary.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
mgbmgb
Steward

Re: A word on version 1.03 of the game

Post by mgbmgb »

i'm downloading 1.03 now but had 1.01 which i bought a week or 2 ago is that okay? well it's done now i shall see sorry to bother you all :oops:
agnari
Senior Steward

Post by agnari »

so after i dl and install i eventually see at the bottom of the screen 1.02 not 1.03 so how to i move on up to 1.03?

is there a patch or do i have to dl the entire package?
Adventuring my way thru RPGs one pixel at a time.
Gorgon Rider
Marshall

Post by Gorgon Rider »

Uninstall the game, then install the 1.03 version. You have to install the entire package. Your saved games should still be kept by default when doing this, but if you want to be absolutely certain, copy them somewhere else and transfer them back afterward.
Unbeliever
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Unbeliever »

Just so you know -- I downloaded EB2 1.01, installed, registered, created a character, and saved on May 13.

I haven't played since (was finishing Might & Magic VI, which I'd started while waiting for EB2).

Today, I uninstalled EB2 v1.01 and installed v1.03. The game started fine, I was still registered, and my game settings (i.e. Windowed Mode) were intact.

When I tried to load my old game save, though, I got the famous EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION and crashed. Rebooted, tried several times, same thing.

I can create a new character, save, exit, restart game, and load the NEW save just fine. But loading the v1.01 game save crashes me.

This is not a tragedy for me -- as I said, *ALL* I did was get the character set up (though I DO reroll many times, looking for those best possible starting stats).

But I wanted to let you know that at least in MY case, the old game save doesn't load...

(I'm running Win7 Pro on a custom machine.)

Thanks, and looking forward to finally getting properly started on your game! :)