Bug & Error Compendium nr. 2

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book II
KillingMoon
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Bug & Error Compendium nr. 2

Post by KillingMoon »

When playing a premade character you'll get an Access Violation Message at the moment info about this character needs to be displayed. So when you want to view the character's stats or you're starting a dialogue this error message will come up and the game exits.
This even happens when you're filling in all the character stats, portrait etc. before hitting the quickstart button.

(And no, I don't play with a premade character, but I wanted to quickfire up a game to check something).
Danheg
Pledge

Re: Bug & Error Compendium nr. 2

Post by Danheg »

I have also had this happen.
Buckets
Council Member

Post by Buckets »

Here's a bug with the Ambergris stack. I can no longer split the stack using the shift key, nor can I right click it to use it in a potion. Just before this issue occurred I had split another stack of reagents and moved part of it to a barrel. After fiddling with it in various ways by moving it back and forth from inventory to barrel and trying to put it in the potion dialogue, it eventually was able to be split again. All my other stacks can be split properly. Here's the saved game in two parts.
Attachments
slot1-2.rar
(167.32 KiB) Downloaded 370 times
slot1-1.rar
(252.75 KiB) Downloaded 401 times
Buckets
Council Member

Post by Buckets »

There's a gate in Lorewitch's Tower that is graphically shown as OPEN but won't let me through. When I flip the correct switches however I can go through it, so it seems that it is just a graphical error. The coordinates are Lorewitch's Tower Level 1 X=37 Y=110. Should I keep my saved game for you?
Buckets
Council Member

Post by Buckets »

After the Lorewitch Acolytes kill you, the game just hangs instead of going to the death screen. I've tried this twice now with the same result.

Edit: Oh, I just noticed the Exception_Access_Violation Error message that was on my desktop. I'll attach the saved game. Just steal and watch them kill you.
Attachments
slot17-2.rar
(183.97 KiB) Downloaded 366 times
slot17-1.rar
(249.52 KiB) Downloaded 372 times
Buckets
Council Member

Post by Buckets »

It doesn't look like there are any saves vs magick being done for the attacks from the Lorewitch acolytes. They always do damage no matter how high my protection from magick is. I see no messages about the save failing.
Buckets
Council Member

Post by Buckets »

The text that is written after a Great Cleave is missing a line. I believe each cleave should show the same lines.

For the first cleave, the first line that usually say something like "<name> cleaves a Goliath Borehead. ToHit probability 46%" is missing.

That line does exist for the second cleave in the same round however.
Buckets
Council Member

Post by Buckets »

Tiny bug: found a walk-through tree! Fellpine forest x=19 y=134
And another at x=18 y=129
Buckets
Council Member

Post by Buckets »

There's a bug with the preset equipment settings that I'm trying to figure out. It has to do with the rings. I have 2 Bloodlust rings (BR) set for the second setting (and also for the first setting). Here are the situations:

1) - manually switch the left ring to Ring of the Boar (RoB)
- click "swap" for the second setting
- I expect the RoB to be switched with the BR but instead no swap happens but 2 rounds go by. :shock:
- click "swap" for the second setting again
- still nothing happens but 2 rounds go by
- click "swap" the first setting which should also have two BR, but now it also has a RoB on the left ring setting as if the RoB was saved in the configuration setting (but it wasn't)

2) - start again with 2 BR set for the second setting
- manually switch the right ring this time to the RoB
- now the left ring has the RoB and the right has a BR! and 1 round goes by :shock:

I have not seen any of this funny business with any other rings. This is most annoying to me because I switch between foraging and damage all the time and find myself caught having battles with the foraging ring on instead. :(
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Buckets wrote:There's a bug with the preset equipment settings that I'm trying to figure out. It has to do with the rings. I have 2 Bloodlust rings (BR) set for the second setting (and also for the first setting). Here are the situations:

1) - manually switch the left ring to Ring of the Boar (RoB)
- I expect the RoB to be switched with the BR but instead no swap happens but 2 rounds go by. :shock:
- click "swap" for the second setting again
- still nothing happens but 2 rounds go by
- click "swap" the first setting which should also have two BR, but now it also has a RoB on the left ring setting as if the RoB was saved in the configuration setting (but it wasn't)

2) - start again with 2 BR set for the second setting
- manually switch the right ring this time to the RoB
- now the left ring has the RoB and the right has a BR! and 1 round goes by :shock:

I have not seen any of this funny business with any other rings. This is most annoying to me because I switch between foraging and damage all the time and find myself caught having battles with the foraging ring on instead. :(
Can you post a saved game with this? I'm afraid that because your config is so specific I might not get it right if I set it up myself. Also, it might be something with your specific layout.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

KillingMoon wrote:When playing a premade character you'll get an Access Violation Message at the moment info about this character needs to be displayed. So when you want to view the character's stats or you're starting a dialogue this error message will come up and the game exits.
This even happens when you're filling in all the character stats, portrait etc. before hitting the quickstart button.

(And no, I don't play with a premade character, but I wanted to quickfire up a game to check something).
I have tried to replicate this. I have no idea what may be causing this because I don't see it here. By your description (and with the ease it is happening to you) I have to say it could be something on your end. If it were such a common crash we would have several hundred complaints by now.

If you can figure out the exact combination of things you are doing that forces this crash, I can fix it.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Buckets
Council Member

Post by Buckets »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:Can you post a saved game with this? I'm afraid that because your config is so specific I might not get it right if I set it up myself. Also, it might be something with your specific layout.
Here's a saved game where this happens. It's actually been happening to me all game but I didn't stop to work it out until now.
Attachments
slot11.part01.rar
(250 KiB) Downloaded 397 times
slot11.part02.rar
(250 KiB) Downloaded 443 times
slot11.part03.rar
(89.01 KiB) Downloaded 361 times
KillingMoon
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by KillingMoon »

BasiliskWrangler wrote: I have tried to replicate this. I have no idea what may be causing this because I don't see it here. By your description (and with the ease it is happening to you) I have to say it could be something on your end. If it were such a common crash we would have several hundred complaints by now.

If you can figure out the exact combination of things you are doing that forces this crash, I can fix it.
Now that is strange! I never thought it was something on my end.
But it's happening consistently here; at setup you can press F1 to quickstart as a Fighter, F2 for a Rogue, etc... If I press any of those buttons when on the setup screen, my game crashes at the moment info about my character needs to be displayed. So it's not a combination of things; any of those buttons will do it.
My settings are Open GL - 16-bit colours - Full Screen - Direct Sound. I fooled around a bit with that to see if that made any change, but nah.

I'm scratching my head now about this. Danheg - first reply in this thread - said he had it as well. I don't have the problem if I don't use quickstart, and as I like to make my character myself it is not a problem for me personally. I don't need anything solved, I thought to help others when reporting this problem. It would be ironic if it would turn out that I would be almost the only one who had the problem in the first place!
Brandon822
Pledge

Post by Brandon822 »

Version 1.02.

I think somebody mentioned this before, but I didn't see this in the fixed things in 1.03 beta announcement.

Black Mold: Several black molds attack and I kill all but the last one. I cannot hit it and it doesen't hit me, it just sits still. the circle is red around it and everything else seems to be order. I think it attacked me before, but when it was last of the bunch it "freezed". AFTER I run away from it and return to fight everything works normally, so only a minor bug.

I have seen this bug two times. Once in the cave below bridge and once in the forest where are trolls.
Buckets
Council Member

Post by Buckets »

KillingMoon wrote:
BasiliskWrangler wrote: I have tried to replicate this. I have no idea what may be causing this because I don't see it here. By your description (and with the ease it is happening to you) I have to say it could be something on your end. If it were such a common crash we would have several hundred complaints by now.

Now that is strange! I never thought it was something on my end.
But it's happening consistently here; at setup you can press F1 to quickstart as a Fighter, F2 for a Rogue, etc... If I press any of those buttons when on the setup screen, my game crashes at the moment info about my character needs to be displayed. So it's not a combination of things; any of those buttons will do it.
My settings are Open GL - 16-bit colours - Full Screen - Direct Sound. I fooled around a bit with that to see if that made any change, but nah.

I'm scratching my head now about this. Danheg - first reply in this thread - said he had it as well. I don't have the problem if I don't use quickstart, and as I like to make my character myself it is not a problem for me personally. I don't need anything solved, I thought to help others when reporting this problem. It would be ironic if it would turn out that I would be almost the only one who had the problem in the first place!
I tried to replicate this bug and I can too. I guess not many people have been using preset characters. :?
At the setup screen, I can select F1...F5 without an issue. The preset character stats are not shown however; instead the screen just moves to the difficulty setup screen. But after actually entering the game, when I click the character stats button, I get the exception_access_violation message and the game crashes every time.