Bug & Error Compendium nr. 2

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book II
Eschalonian
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Re: Bug & Error Compendium nr. 2

Post by Eschalonian »

Resistant armors don't work. The description says "+10 All Resistance", but when I equip the item, none of my resistances changes.
Buckets
Council Member

Post by Buckets »

I see a bug on the 1.03 version of the final score screen as posted in the other forum. If more than 9 challenges are met, the text for the next challenges overlaps the Difficulty Modifier text.
vid
Senior Steward

Post by vid »

A little graphical glitch in "Broken Blade": Some hovering wall cracks in midair. The beetle seems to be *behind* one.
Please see attached screenshot.

Also there seems to be a miscalculation on the experience bar. Shouldn´t it be a little bit more full, for nearly 47.000 / 50.000 points?
Attachments
eb2_screen7_marked_1.jpg
eb2_screen7_marked_1.jpg (142.81 KiB) Viewed 8722 times
vid
Senior Steward

Post by vid »

Err. When i click near the "Thirst-bar" i somehow activate quick travel to different locations. Do you hide the quicktravel menu down there? ;)
Buckets
Council Member

Post by Buckets »

The experience bar is showing the progress during this level only which goes from 40,000 to 50,000 points. You are 7/10 the way there. Looks right to me.
vid
Senior Steward

Post by vid »

Buckets wrote:The experience bar is showing the progress during this level only which goes from 40,000 to 50,000 points. You are 7/10 the way there. Looks right to me.
Ahh! yes you are right. Thanks ;)
Buckets
Council Member

Post by Buckets »

1. When I use the Great Cleave feat, sometimes the attack does not work on multiple targets. I've been trying to figure out when this is the case and it seems like it only works when I've selected the middle of three targets or the left one of two targets. When I select the right one using the feat, only that target is attacked. This issue is not consistent though and sometimes it works fine.

2. After I load a saved game which had the quickset spell of Draw Water L4 (or any other level) set, upon loading, the quickset spell is Draw Water, but it's level 1 always. I have no preset spell of level 1 so this should not happen. I don't know if this is the case for any other spell because I don't tend to use spells much.
Jammeez
Initiate

Post by Jammeez »

Using "Sunder Flesh" for the first time. The spell seems to freeze and close the game. I get an "Exception_Access_Violation" message. It doesn't matter what level of the spell I use (1 or 2), or whether I use it from the spell book or the hotkey. I've changed location and other circumstances, but it still doesn't work. :(
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Jammeez wrote:Using "Sunder Flesh" for the first time. The spell seems to freeze and close the game. I get an "Exception_Access_Violation" message. It doesn't matter what level of the spell I use (1 or 2), or whether I use it from the spell book or the hotkey. I've changed location and other circumstances, but it still doesn't work. :(
Are you using version 1.01 of the game? If so, download the latest version, 1.03, as this is an earlier bug that's been fixed.
Buckets
Council Member

Post by Buckets »

From the other forum I see that a lot of people are having trouble getting Sparrow's loot because it gets dropped in a place that is unretrievable. Just thought I'd mention it here in the list of bugs so that it can be addressed.
KillingMoon
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by KillingMoon »

I assume he doesn't trust you when you're hiding this information from him.
It's also something that players have requested: that different answers in a conversation have different outcomes.
Elwro
Senior Steward

Post by Elwro »

This seems to be the general Bug & Error thread, but let me just notice that I encountered the following bug in the Linux version; I just don't want to start a new thread.

The bug is: You can (at least try to) mix recipes requiring ingredient X if you have it in your inventory, but have not identified it as X. See the attached screenshot.

edit: unfortunately the "upload attachment" function is not working for me. I "choose" the file, then press "add", but after a while I am just returned to the post editing menu. So - sorry, no screenshot then.
KillingMoon
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by KillingMoon »

Ah right, I probably misunderstood, sorry about that. Saint Gilhelm does give you the quest, but this quest doesn't transfer to your journal, that is the issue, right?
Tyranthraxus
Steward

Post by Tyranthraxus »

Brandon822 wrote:Version 1.02.

I think somebody mentioned this before, but I didn't see this in the fixed things in 1.03 beta announcement.

Black Mold: Several black molds attack and I kill all but the last one. I cannot hit it and it doesen't hit me, it just sits still. the circle is red around it and everything else seems to be order. I think it attacked me before, but when it was last of the bunch it "freezed". AFTER I run away from it and return to fight everything works normally, so only a minor bug.

I have seen this bug two times. Once in the cave below bridge and once in the forest where are trolls.
Happened in the Port Doohdah sewers as well.
Luckily, leaving the area, then coming back to it from the other side seemed to free it up.
Buckets
Council Member

Post by Buckets »

Buckets wrote:There's a gate in Lorewitch's Tower that is graphically shown as OPEN but won't let me through. When I flip the correct switches however I can go through it, so it seems that it is just a graphical error. The coordinates are Lorewitch's Tower Level 1 X=37 Y=110. Should I keep my saved game for you?
I'm glad to see you have located and fixed this bug for v1.04 according to the other forum. Thanks.