Bug & Error Compendium nr. 2

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book II
androidlover3000
Pledge

Re: Bug & Error Compendium nr. 2

Post by androidlover3000 »

UPDATE: Nevermind. Sorry you can delete this post, any admins.
Last edited by androidlover3000 on June 3rd, 2010, 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buckets
Council Member

Post by Buckets »

When creatures run away and die from the poison from your weapon, you always get experience points. However, you don't for killing General Ghorr this way. It should be consistent.
Elwro
Senior Steward

Post by Elwro »

When you travel via the Quick Travel menu, you never regenerate even a single hit point. Is this intentional?

(Linux.)
Buckets
Council Member

Post by Buckets »

Quick travel does not count down the gravedigger's light spell in any way. I travelled the whole world with the same spell active. I have not tested this with any other spell yet.
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

Buckets wrote:Quick travel does not count down the gravedigger's light spell in any way. I travelled the whole world with the same spell active. I have not tested this with any other spell yet.
Its like that for any spell. Perhaps it should be set that if you QT more than one screen away, all equipped buffs get canceled. I can see some issuses with people using Orge's Strength... *shrug*
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

Elwro wrote:When you travel via the Quick Travel menu, you never regenerate even a single hit point. Is this intentional?

(Linux.)
This is intentional. The idea is that you're "power walking" to your destination with no rest.
Elwro
Senior Steward

Post by Elwro »

CrazyBernie wrote:This is intentional. The idea is that you're "power walking" to your destination with no rest.
I'm not sure I understand this - when I'm walking through a dark dungeon with baddies lurking around every corner---so, decidedly without any rest---my health regenerates.
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

Elwro wrote:
CrazyBernie wrote:This is intentional. The idea is that you're "power walking" to your destination with no rest.
I'm not sure I understand this - when I'm walking through a dark dungeon with baddies lurking around every corner---so, decidedly without any rest---my health regenerates.
Maybe so, but if you're "Slow Traveling," the assumption is made that you have down time, and you're not taking the quickest route between two points. Considering the fact that I can QuickTravel from an island to Port Kuudad with potential monsters in between, I'm not going to argue that BW decided not to regen my 5 points of health. 0_o
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Is anyone else seeing the following issue:

Sometimes when I wake up from camping when a storm is winding down, the "storm" sounds will persist even after the storm is over.

I have to test this more, but I think the actual order may be: camp, storm hits, wake up during (near end?) of storm, and then camp again - storm sound will then persist past the end of the storm (both while camping, and after 'waking up' again) and I think the storm sounds keep going until the next storm hits (or until exiting the current map?...).

I could have sworn that I remember something like this being reported as a bug in an earlier version, and I thought it was reported as being fixed, but I don't find any evidence that my memory on this is correct...

FTR, I'm running Book II v1.03 on Mac OS 10.5.8.
KillingMoon
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by KillingMoon »

Lockpicks not stacking

Very minor thingy, this. I picked up some lockpicks in Port Kuudad sewers. They were not stacking with the lockpicks I already had.
So when I tried picking a lock a bit later and broke a few lockpicks, I got the message that I had used my last lockpick. I knew better, because I still had those picks from the sewers, so I didn't have an issue here, but I wonder why the lockpicks I picked up didn't 'Combine with Matching Items' like I had expected (version 1.03).
EDIT: Clarification: I hadn't tried to stack them manually, so I'm not saying it wasn't possible to stack them, it just didn't happen automatically.
KillingMoon
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by KillingMoon »

Overwhelming Volley

I'm not sure this is a bug, but I think it is: with an Overwhelming Volley you should be throwing up to 8 projectiles. I'm usually just getting 2 hits or so, but with more projectiles going missing from my hands.
Example: I'm holding 5 Javelins in my hands, and I'm using Overwhelming Volley. I see one hit, no misses recorded, but when I'm opening my equipment window I'm noticing that I just have 2 Javelins left.

I think this is a bug, because this Overwhelming Volley looks very weak compared to other special weapen feats.

An issue is as well that thrown weapens are very rare. Those 5 Javelins were all that Keebo's twin brother in Kuudad had, and I haven't come across them anywhere else. That's too little.
And in Fletcher's Grove you'll find more than a 100 arrows, but I've never found a single Thrown Weapon there. The trainer is training in Bows and Thrown Weapons, so where are the Thrown Weapons?
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

There is an issue with casting Cat's Eyes invalidating Hide in Shadows (i.e. enemies can suddenly see you after you cast Cat's Eyes!!) - it's discussed in the following thread:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3555
KillingMoon
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by KillingMoon »

Cartography Again!

Not really new to see Map Reveal spells or Cartography items having only a temporary effect, but I haven't seen anyone posting the following phenomenon: the map disappearing at the moment the effect of the spell is gone, and similarly, the map coming back at the moment the spell is recast, all without walking!
What might be part of the explanation is that I didn't have any level in Cartography at all yet, and was solely dependant on the spell.

Here the map has just gone, as the Reveal Map spell has expired:

And here it's back again, if I'm casting the spell again:

I don't know if a saved game is handy, but I'll just add it.
Attachments
MapBug.zip
(249.76 KiB) Downloaded 362 times
Oshkell
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Oshkell »

Minor bug, did not really affect gameplay - In "Mistfell Northern Coast," X65, Y118, there is a chest with "a black jelly" oozing out of its seams. When you open it, several black molds attack you. The instant I opened the chest, I got two small error messages in the text log at the bottom of the screen:

Did Not Find Script Keyword: sfx
Did Not Find Script Keyword: lava_step

These messages did not appear to effect gameplay in any way, but was something else supposed to have happened? Maybe a message about how roughly 300 lbs. of slime suddenly jumped out and nommed on me? If it's relevant, I'm running 1.03 on Windows.
I listen,
I laugh,
I think for a while
As I sit in the dark
And smile.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Three things I've found recently:
  1. Following up on the 'gate' issues that people have been encountering - on my first attempt to try to enter the Port K. warehouse to go after the spiders, I could not go through the 2nd (inner) gate after opening the 1st (outer) gate with the lever, and then after stepping upon the pressure plate to raise the 2nd (inner) gate. It was like the inner gate was still closed, even though visually it was clear it had been raised after stepping on the pressure plate.

The weird thing about this 'bug' is that it was not reproducible - as soon as this happened the first time, I re-loaded my most recent save, and the second time I was able to go through the 2nd (inner) gate with no problems. Weird.
  2. I think someone may have mentioned this before, but the prices for arrows are off - a non-magical Mithril Arrow costs 13 g.p.; a +3/+3 magical Soulpiercer arrow costs 15 g.p.(!?!) - just 2 g.p. more than the non-magical Mithril Arrow??!!

I think Soulpiercer Arrows' base price should be at least 25 g.p. - maybe more!

[Edit: Scratch this one! - I checked again, and the 'base' price of Mithril arrows is actually 7 g.p.; for Diamond-tipped arrows, it's 10 g.p.; with the Soulpiercers going for a 'base' price of 15 g.p. So this isn't as nearly as much of an issue as I thought. I could still argue that maybe Soulpiercers should be worth more - like 20 or 25 g.p. - but I now see the differential isn't as bad as I initially thought! Anyways - oops! Ignore this one, I guess!! :oops: ]
  3. There is definitely an issue with vendors not having enough cash to buy 'big ticket' items, even (more than) halfway through a playthrough - I've gotten one of the "primo" weapons in the game, worth 5000 or 6000 g.p., and have now been all the way through Durnore, and no one has anywhere close to enough cash to buy this item from me.

I think the easiest way to solve this issue is to significantly bump up how much cash-on-hand the "exotics" dealer in Port K. has - it stands to reason if this guy is dealing in "exotic" weapons and armor that he'd have a very large amount of cash-on-hand to buy exactly the kind of "primo" weapon I'm looking to unload right now.
(Edit: Also, I'm just going to re-report here that items bought from vendors do not properly stack, whereas those added using the 'Add All' button from loot sacks and chest do properly stack in Inventory.)

(And: I can confirm that there is an issue with Hide in Shadows and Cat's Eyes: I was in a corner in the dark, properly Hidden in Shadow - I then cast Cat's Eyes & was still Hidden in Shadow, but when I then 'passed' a turn while unmoved in the corner and still using Cat's Eyes, the 'Hide in Shadow' status went away - IOW, Hide in Shadow went away while doing nothing a turn after I cast Cat's Eyes...)
Last edited by IJBall on June 14th, 2010, 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.