Save/Load game bugs and errors

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book II
spideysense
Initiate

Save/Load game bugs and errors

Post by spideysense »

Something I've noticed.

1) Have had issues when saving or loading where I attempt to save or load a game and occasionally I'll receive an error message that it can't read the folder or find it and then in the save game list after that, it lists as an error string. On exiting the game and re-starting it the save game list will show that savegame spot as empty now (this has happened about 4 times in two-three weeks since getting this game, seems to be random)

Window 7 x64 (all updates)
4 GB Ram
ATI Radeon 5850 2 GB (Cat 10.5)
Apoteos
Steward

Re: Save/Load game bugs and errors

Post by Apoteos »

I got this problem once with Book I. I realised the problem was that one of the folders containing a saved game somehow got erased during a save (in the Eschalon Book 1 Saved Games-folder among the install files. "Slot 2" was missing i believe) I resolved the issue by simply creating a new folder named "slot 2" among the rest. All my saved files (except slot 2 of course) remained intact after this, but since slot 2 was the most recent save... :cry:
The gift of life is so divine
But without death
Life would soon decline
spideysense
Initiate

Post by spideysense »

All the actual save slots are still there. Once I exit the game and re-enter I can save in the slot again, but I lose the save info or it becomes unreadable to the game. Not a big issue since I save often in different slots but annoying.
copacetic
Initiate

Post by copacetic »

It keeps on doing this with my quicksave. It's driving me nuts. :/