Transparency

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book II
Apoteos
Steward

Transparency

Post by Apoteos »

I was playing around with custom character portraits, and just for fun I used an state-of-the-art picture editing program called Paint to change the color of the background behind the face into black. The game accepts this with no problem, displaying it correctly when viewing the character stats window. When talking to NPCs though, the head of my character shows correctly, while the edited, black background of the portrait is transparent, allowing me to see the terrain behind the portrait. This bug is of course quite minor (especially when you have fought a goliath borehead :shock: ), but since I´ve heard basilisks don´t like bugs I´ll mention it anyway. :wink:
The gift of life is so divine
But without death
Life would soon decline
Simone
Apprentice

Re: Transparency

Post by Simone »

Apoteos wrote:I was playing around with custom character portraits, and just for fun I used an state-of-the-art picture editing program called Paint to change the color of the background behind the face into black. The game accepts this with no problem, displaying it correctly when viewing the character stats window. When talking to NPCs though, the head of my character shows correctly, while the edited, black background of the portrait is transparent, allowing me to see the terrain behind the portrait. This bug is of course quite minor (especially when you have fought a goliath borehead :shock: ), but since I´ve heard basilisks don´t like bugs I´ll mention it anyway. :wink:
Try increasing the brightness on it? Or something. I had to do this with my char portrait cause the black line around the char went invisible. It worked.