How to make Eschalon Book II run faster?

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book II
MegaHassan
Steward

How to make Eschalon Book II run faster?

Post by MegaHassan »

So I'm trying out the demo before buying because Book I was kinda slow on my laptop (but bearable, nothing big). Eschalon II is running extremely slower, the demo at least. But it's really irritating. I've got a Celeron, 550 @200GHZ processer with 1015 MB RAM apparently. I use Vista.

Any help? Pliss?
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: How to make Eschalon Book II run faster?

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

The thing that's most likely to be slowing it down is graphics power. Try the other graphics settings (Open GL, DirectX 7, or DirectX 9; whichever you're not currently using). There's a selection for this on the loading screen. On your laptop, it's most likely using Intel integrated graphics, which many people have had speed problems with.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Tyranthraxus
Steward

Post by Tyranthraxus »

MegaHassan wrote:So I'm trying out the demo before buying because Book I was kinda slow on my laptop (but bearable, nothing big). Eschalon II is running extremely slower, the demo at least. But it's really irritating. I've got a Celeron, 550 @200GHZ processer with 1015 MB RAM apparently. I use Vista.

Any help? Pliss?
A Celeron at 200Ghz? That's some impressive overclocking there. How do you keep it cool? :mrgreen:
MegaHassan
Steward

Post by MegaHassan »

@ Kreador: Will try tonight and get back to you
@ guy with really hard to pronounce username: I don't... shit's always overheating on me. Happened with my old laptop too, now its battery doesnt last for more than 5 mins without charging xD. i'm being more careful with this. I think..
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

These kids, I swear. They don't even get references to classic turn-based RPGs of the late 80s!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pool_of_Ra ... ot_summary

Great game (and series), by the way. If you can get past the graphics, it's got fantastic gameplay.
MegaHassan
Steward

Post by MegaHassan »

Seems sweet! I'll check it out if I can find it on abandonware. And nah, graphics ain't a problem. I'm the type of guy who tried to play Oblivion on 256 colors because the fancy graphics turned me off :mrgreen:
MegaHassan
Steward

Post by MegaHassan »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:The thing that's most likely to be slowing it down is graphics power. Try the other graphics settings (Open GL, DirectX 7, or DirectX 9; whichever you're not currently using). There's a selection for this on the loading screen. On your laptop, it's most likely using Intel integrated graphics, which many people have had speed problems with.
Thanks!! Running on DX7 setting with 16 bit color and no sound, speed is HELL of a lot more fast than before. Any way to overcome the intel integrated graphics scene?
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

MegaHassan wrote:Any way to overcome the intel integrated graphics scene?
Buy a different computer. ;-)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
MegaHassan
Steward

Post by MegaHassan »

Hahaha! Nah, as long as this shit can barely run everything, I'm fine with it :P